Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Fortune favors the brain. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

That's illegal in the UK, though the homeless people I was chatting with today said that things have gotten so easy in London in the last few years that you can sit on the ground, not asking for anything, with no sign, and just be given money by passers-by.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I always get vague unhelpful fortunes.

"Now would be a good time to start a business"  What kind of business?  How do I do this?  Where do I get the money?

"You will receive some high prize or award"  In what?  What kind of prize?

"When in doubt, let your instincts guide you"  I've done that.  It led me here.  This has not been a successful plan.

"Help me, I'm locked in the basement forced to make cookies"  Oh, what, now I'm suppose to help you?  I'll send my response in the form of a cookie.

"An angry man opens his mouth and shuts up his eyes."  That's not even a fortune!  You aren't even trying.

Fucking useless. :mad:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on March 24, 2012, 05:57:47 PM
That's illegal in the UK, though the homeless people I was chatting with today said that things have gotten so easy in London in the last few years that you can sit on the ground, not asking for anything, with no sign, and just be given money by passers-by.

This happens to me when ever I go out in public.  "Oh you poor man, what have they done to you?"  or "What is wrong with this country when people like this are left on the street.  Here you go, go get something to eat"  Can't a man sit in a public place and not be given money?  Jesus.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on March 24, 2012, 06:27:54 PM
"An angry man opens his mouth and shuts up his eyes."  That's not even a fortune!  You aren't even trying.

Fucking useless. :mad:

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Looks like the mind worms took another victim.  And watermarked him.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on March 24, 2012, 06:31:57 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 24, 2012, 05:57:47 PM

This happens to me when ever I go out in public.  "Oh you poor man, what have they done to you?"  or "What is wrong with this country when people like this are left on the street.  Here you go, go get something to eat"  Can't a man sit in a public place and not be given money?  Jesus.
:lmfao:

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on March 24, 2012, 05:34:57 PM
Is it me or are beggars becoming lazy? 10 years ago the gypsies in Stockholm sometimes dragged around small children and had signs that asked for money to support them. Now a guy came up to me and held up a sign claiming that he had starving kids. WTF? If I never gave to gypsies with actual kids in tow why the hell would I give to gypsies who only have a lame note?

It's illegal to use kids for begging since 2010 or so in Vienna. The gypsy gangs replaced the mother/kid combo with people with deformed/missing legs, mostly.

What I hate are the subway gangs. Either you have a woman wailing with a photo of a dead/sick child begging for money, or a guy with an accordeon playing and his son going round with a paper cup. They only stay for one station, then switch trains/compartments, so the authorities have a hard time catching them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Every couple of weeks on the DC metro I used to see a black guy get on with no shirt, one arm cut off, and burn scars all over his body.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2012, 02:50:30 AM
Every couple of weeks on the DC metro I used to see a black guy get on with no shirt, one arm cut off, and burn scars all over his body.

I knew DC was a tough town, but I had no idea.

Tamas

I am growing more and more convinced that Raz is using us a testbed for his standup comedy gigs.

Caliga

"Do ya ever wonder why they put fire extinguishers in bathrooms?  What's gonna catch on fire.... the toilet paper?  WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT?"
*cue bass riff*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Capetan Mihali

I just ate two Yodels.  :huh:

Haven't had them in ages, but I used to love them as a kid.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Syt

I made a really good chili this weekend, but only realized on Saturday evening, after the shops were closed, that I was down to my last tp roll.

It turned out fine. And there was no real crisis, anyways, because some supermarkets at railway stations are open on Sundays.

So there.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2012, 06:13:21 AM
I made a really good chili this weekend, but only realized on Saturday evening, after the shops were closed, that I was down to my last tp roll.

It turned out fine. And there was no real crisis, anyways, because some supermarkets at railway stations are open on Sundays.

So there.

These supermarkets would have been much more expensive though, like usual price x 2  ;)