News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

My eye sight has gotten bad in recent years.  Like get in the wrong car, talk to park bench wrong.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 14, 2012, 11:29:08 AM
My eye sight has gotten bad in recent years.  Like get in the wrong car, talk to park bench wrong.

Mine must be as well.  At first glance I thought you said "talk to the wrong park bench" :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2012, 11:16:57 AM
I was on a work trip a year ago & went out to dinner with some co-workers from different sites.  A couple of them were evangelizing the laser surgery thing, telling me I was crazy for not doing it.  Both of them had theirs done 6 or 7 years ago & raved about how much it improved their lives.  Funny thing is-- both of them had had to start wearing glasses recently "but only for reading sometimes" :yeahright:

Yeah, they tell up front that how they correct distance vision is unrelated to what causes most people to require reading glasses as they get older.

And, perhaps having a military doc do it lessened the 8-ball risk.  :P

I definitely would not have had it done by some fly-by-night discount laser center.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 14, 2012, 06:07:18 PM

I definitely would not have had it done by some fly-by-night discount laser center.

Meh, maybe the military docs have a leg up professionally.  I worked in hospitals: great thing about being in security, I knew where the AA and NA meetings were held.  And who attended.  :ph34r:

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2012, 03:18:31 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 14, 2012, 11:29:08 AM

Mine must be as well.  At first glance I thought you said "talk to the wrong park bench" :D

I could have written that sentence better.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Ed Anger

My shits have turned all smelly and floaty. I guess 4 weeks of fast food, vending machine pop tarts and hospital food will do that to ya.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

My eyes are pretty bad; park benches all look the same to me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 14, 2012, 09:38:21 PM
My eyes are pretty bad; park benches all look the same to me.
:lol:

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 08:24:50 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 14, 2012, 06:07:18 PM

Meh, maybe the military docs have a leg up professionally.  I worked in hospitals: great thing about being in security, I knew where the AA and NA meetings were held.  And who attended.  :ph34r:

I admire you ability and desire to keep tabs on people.

Syt

I went downtown to do some shopping today. First I had breakfast at that one place (delicious smoked salmon bagels). Then I bought a new Samsonite backpack (my old samsonite starts to show wear/tear after five years . . . it lasted longer than any other backpack I had before).

Then I wento to an electronics store. Nothing interesting there, so I only bought Mortal Kombat for XBox which was on sale.

On I went to a book store where I bought Arabs - A History.

Next I visited a perfume store to replenish my supplies of Fahrenheit.

And finally I rounded it off with a steak at the Maredo on Ringstraße. It was ok.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

They have a casting call today for extras and minor speaking roles in an upcoming film set in Mobtown;  I was thinking about going.

But, knowing my luck I'd probably snag a speaking part that bounces me into a series of low-profile cable roles which gets the attention Joe Gordon-Levitt and I wind up in a major production and the next thing you know I'm splattered all over Entertainment Tonight and TMZ with a domestic violence thing from my on-again off-again off-screen pseudo-relationship with Scarlett Johansson because she's not nearly as possessive as I want her to be which is so fucking depressing that I wind up with an eventual stint in rehab which would break Mom's heart.

And, on top of all that, it's raining.

So not worth the effort for 10am on a Saturday.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on March 24, 2012, 06:47:57 AM
Next I visited a perfume store to replenish my supplies of Fahrenheit.
Thanks for mentioning that... it reminds me that I'm running low on my cologne.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

I just had a fortune cookie. "It's not too late to travel the world." :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on March 24, 2012, 10:38:22 AM
I just had a fortune cookie. "It's not too late to travel the world." :)

It was meant for the paraplegic at the next table.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?