Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 27, 2012, 06:48:46 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on February 27, 2012, 06:45:08 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2012, 06:39:24 AM
The Arab looking Schnitzel delivery guy who brought my Schnitzel+fries yesterday spoke English instead of German with me.

Maybe he doesn't speak German, and was hoping for a common language?

Maybe Syt doesn't look German.  :hmm:

He does, believe me. North Germanic stock, as would say our resident goat lover worshipper.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on March 01, 2012, 06:01:47 AM
Quote from: Syt on February 29, 2012, 11:08:16 PM
Well, my middle sister and her family live in a suburb of Pittsburgh - though they plan to move somewhere south because they find the Piitsburgh area too liberal for their tastes (whatever that means).
Moving away from somewhere for political reasons? :wacko:

That's only non-crazy when you do it as an actual political refugee.

I could see it. See someone moving away from SF. Being liberal has more to do with just the political opinions of the populace but also their general permissiveness.  I could see people taking issue with living in a city that has annual events that allow sex in the streets or allows nudity year round.  That said, I'm not sure that applies to Pittsburgh. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Plenty of other reasons to move away from Pittsburgh. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

One of the great extra duties of being an NCO...watching people pee into a bottle.

Ed Anger

Speaking of toilets, I launched the IJN Yamato this morning. I think it hissed at me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 06, 2012, 09:22:54 PM
One of the great extra duties of being an NCO...watching people pee into a bottle.

HOTT

:unsure:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

I have found that in the "observer" business, there seems to be two kind of people:

- Those who quickly make sure the pee is coming from where it's supposed to be coming from and then look away.
- Those who stare down the entire time like an umpire thinking a close play is about to happen at home base.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 06, 2012, 09:29:55 PM
- Those who stare down the entire time like an umpire thinking a close play is about to happen at home base.

:lol:

Capetan Mihali

Day 2 with contact lenses.  Only took ~100 tries to get them in this time.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

sbr

I get sick at the thought of something touching your eyeball, much less mine. :x

Tonitrus

I never liked the idea of something sitting on my eyes, which is why I just went all the way and laser blasted them.

Admiral Yi

I cry like a baby every time they do that puff of air test at the eye doctor's.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 13, 2012, 10:53:01 PM
I never liked the idea of something sitting on my eyes, which is why I just went all the way and laser blasted them.

Meh, I'm so used to contacts after 25 years, I don't even feel fully awake until they're in.  I wear my glasses, I feel sleepy.

And fuck that laser shit.  Too many doctors with substance abuse issues out there in medical boutique-land.  Don't need some piece of shit doctor setting phasers on stun just after he did an 8-ball off his desk.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2012, 07:06:04 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 13, 2012, 10:53:01 PM

Meh, I'm so used to contacts after 25 years, I don't even feel fully awake until they're in.  I wear my glasses, I feel sleepy.

Ditto.

QuoteAnd fuck that laser shit.  Too many doctors with substance abuse issues out there in medical boutique-land.  Don't need some piece of shit doctor setting phasers on stun just after he did an 8-ball off his desk.

I was on a work trip a year ago & went out to dinner with some co-workers from different sites.  A couple of them were evangelizing the laser surgery thing, telling me I was crazy for not doing it.  Both of them had theirs done 6 or 7 years ago & raved about how much it improved their lives.  Funny thing is-- both of them had had to start wearing glasses recently "but only for reading sometimes" :yeahright:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Also FWIW, I had an eye exam a week & a half ago to update my contacts prescription and the dipshits got my left & right eyes mixed up in the prescription.  I complained about it during the fitting but they kept telling me it was only due to my eyes still being dilated.  Complained a few days later and they told me it was just a stronger prescription and I'd eventually get used to it.

So for shits & giggles the other day I swapped contacts between my left & right eyes and magically I can see normally now.