Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

He looks Pennsylvania Dutch to me. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2012, 10:48:06 PM
:unsure:
If you were fatter you would look like my cousin Wayne "The Pain", who is 100% Pennsylvania Dutch (I'm only roughly 55% myself).

Syt

Well, my middle sister and her family live in a suburb of Pittsburgh - though they plan to move somewhere south because they find the Piitsburgh area too liberal for their tastes (whatever that means).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zoupa

Codeword for dazzling urbanites?

garbon

Quote from: Syt on February 29, 2012, 11:08:16 PM
Well, my middle sister and her family live in a suburb of Pittsburgh - though they plan to move somewhere south because they find the Piitsburgh area too liberal for their tastes (whatever that means).

I had a lovely time in Pittsburgh when moving to New York. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Syt

Quote from: Zoupa on February 29, 2012, 11:16:16 PM

Yeah, that' why they want to move south where there's fewer of them.  :huh:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: garbon on February 29, 2012, 11:16:39 PM

I had a lovely time in Pittsburgh when moving to New York. :)

Yeah, I hear that the quality of life in the 'burgh is pretty good - they seem to have managed the move from steel industry to modern economy rather well.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zoupa

Quote from: Syt on March 01, 2012, 12:18:00 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on February 29, 2012, 11:16:16 PM

Yeah, that' why they want to move south where there's fewer of them.  :huh:

Pittsburgh is about 25% black, is all I'm saying.

Eddie Teach

Atlanta is 60%. Course, less than a tenth of the metro population is in the city.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Come to think of it . . . she did become rather ill-disposed towards hispanics when she was living in El Paso. And towards blacks when she was in North Carolina.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

If she likes potatoes and sking Idaho might be her speed.

LaCroix

Caliga

Moving away from somewhere for political reasons? :wacko:

That's only non-crazy when you do it as an actual political refugee.