News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

CB and I went to the zoo yesterday; we watched a Black Bear climb a palm tree to get a frond to munch on.  The American Black Bear is native to Florida and they are omnivorous; but I didn't realize the ate palm fronds or would scale palm trees to get them (or that a palm tree could support the weight of a black bear.)

Also while we were there a very young girl near us was disappointed to learn that not everyone who wears glasses is Egon. :(  (I was wearing a hat, of course, I don't have Harold Ramis's magnificent Jew-Fro.  Still that's better than looking like a young Woody Allen.)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

At least she didn't mistake you for Kate McKinnon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Today a big spider is sitting in mein comfy chair on my balcony. A long stick didn't convince him to leave. I have retreated indoors.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Yesterday I went shopping in an Ikea for the first and probably the last time.  <_<

Seems like the appropriate thread for this 'revelation'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

I've never been in one.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Ikeas are awesome. I like everything about those stores.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

I can't stand the stores and I don't know anyone who's been to one without having a massive row with someone in their family (normally other half). However the meatballs are nice and the cafe's alright.

Just order online :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on June 25, 2021, 06:37:55 PM
Yesterday I went shopping in an Ikea for the first and probably the last time.  <_<

Seems like the appropriate thread for this 'revelation'.

You bought everything? :w00t:

Syt

I've been to an Ikea only once, in 2006. I bought two towels. I still have them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

merithyn

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 25, 2021, 07:51:44 PM
I can't stand the stores and I don't know anyone who's been to one without having a massive row with someone in their family (normally other half). However the meatballs are nice and the cafe's alright.

Just order online :ph34r:

You do know someone.  :)

Ikea is okay. I hate the required maze to get out when I'm just going in for one or two things. I now live two hours away from the closest one so it's a non-issue except when I want lingonberry jam. :grr:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

The Brain

Lingonberry jam is life.

Sheilbh

I think it's the maze and that - in my experience it takes about 2 hours to get around because of the speed people walk through Ikeas - that prompts rows :lol: :ph34r:
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Elbows aren't just for making your arm bend.

Grey Fox

The Ikeas(there is 2) in Montreal have shortcuts to cut the maze and you can also avoid it completely and use terminals to find what your heart desires.

Lingonberry jam is life.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Ikeas all have shortcuts. You don't need to follow the maze at all.