News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Today I danced to Ke$ha in my living room. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Today I was eating a salad in front of the computer, and a corn kernel fell on my chair and settled shallowly between the side and the seat of the chair. When I tried to pick it up it slid deeper into the chair. I was reminded of the sign on airplanes (remember those?) that says to call staff if you drop your phone in your chair. I eventually managed to get a firm grip though, retrieve it from the chair, and eat it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Duque de Bragança

I went to the movies yesterday night for the first time in 3 months and a half. Cinema was reasonably packed, with one empty seat between people, except if they were part of a group. Queueing was more or less orderly. Lots of people kept their masks during the movie.
Unsurprisingly, the arthouse crowd is less rowdy than the usual crowd. Elephant Man new 4K restoration gets a re-release so that's the next movie I'll watch.

mongers

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 23, 2020, 05:24:18 AM
I went to the movies yesterday night for the first time in 3 months and a half. Cinema was reasonably packed, with one empty seat between people, except if they were part of a group. Queueing was more or less orderly. Lots of people kept their masks during the movie.
Unsurprisingly, the arthouse crowd is less rowdy than the usual crowd. Elephant Man new 4K restoration gets a re-release so that's the next movie I'll watch.

:ccr:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on June 23, 2020, 09:24:06 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on June 23, 2020, 05:24:18 AM

:ccr:

Some other arthouse is having a Verhoeven retrospective so Flesh and Blood will follow plus Robocop. Showgirls and Hollow Man are not priorities.  :P

Eddie Teach

Showgirls isn't as bad as its reputation.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

The flesh in Flesh + Blood is better than the blood.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 23, 2020, 01:27:22 PM

The absence of good in Showgirls exactly matches its reputation.

Duque de Bragança

As I said, not priorities, but I'll watch it if I have the time.

mongers

Quote from: Eddie Teach on June 23, 2020, 01:27:22 PM

Saw 5-10 minutes a few days ago, I gave up.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

A week ago I was woken up about 2am, heard some kind of animal sounds, like a small critter like a rabbit screaming. I went downstairs,  looked out the windows and all my motion detector lights were on. I didn't see anything at first, but then a very large looking coyote walked through my back yard, into the side yard past my driveway to the street. I could see it clearly. It looked about the size of a German Shepard! I've seen them a few times around town but don't think I've seen one that big.

Duque de Bragança

Not to many people for the afternoon screening of Elephant Man. While the cinema had AC, it was around 35 °C in the streets yesterday though.

Savonarola

Usually I go to the beach (when it's open) to watch the sunrise on Saturday mornings.  This time of year the sunrise is usually like this:

With vibrant colors across the horizon.  We got the Saharan dust this past weekend which created a much more muted sunrise:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Yeah the Saharan dust made Austin look really weird this weekend
Like suddenly we had a smog problem.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Around 10 last night I was sitting at the computer when my neighbor bangs on the door and says dude your house is on fire!.  The wooden deck and siding had caught on fire (from neighborhood fireworks?).  We doused it with the extinguisher and pots of water.

My very first experience with non-medical insurance claims.

My internet is out (cable damaged?) and am using my neighbor's Wifi.  I wish I could remember her name.