News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

One advantage of old school books is you broadcast to the world what you're reading on the cover.

Another is you don't look like a hipster doofus.

Eddie Teach

Holding a smartphone doesn't make you look like a hipster.  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maladict

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2019, 03:30:09 PM
One advantage of old school books is you broadcast to the world what you're reading on the cover.

:yes:
I like seeing what people are reading on the train and then judging them for it.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 21, 2019, 02:51:49 PM
You bought a physical book?  Ok old man. :)

I don't know man. I have tried to use ebooks and such but they are just unpleasant to read and it is especially bad when I need to quickly flip to different pages, especially when using some sort of technical resource. Also my dead tree books don't run out of batteries.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

ulmont

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2019, 04:08:40 PM
I don't know man. I have tried to use ebooks and such but they are just unpleasant to read and it is especially bad when I need to quickly flip to different pages, especially when using some sort of technical resource. Also my dead tree books don't run out of batteries.

I converted a decade ago.  Technical resources are what tablets are for.

mongers

I like that you can buy 2nd hand books, something that's not so easy with ebooks.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Our gas meter is cursed.

For a while another resident in the building claimed it as her own. I had to literally prove it to her that it's ours. Not that I cared whether she cheats or not but she kept writing her flat number on it so I could not really pretend ignorance even if I wanted to. But at leash she has given up on it.

The meter box is out on the outer wall and I guess the admittedly lose door on it (the whole thing is plastic) must have annoyed somebody (my bet is on the tenant on the other side of the wall) when it was perhaps rattled by wind etc. Because this morning I found some pieces of cardboard pressed together and lodged between the box and its door. It's tight AF now but I couldn't open it!

So when I get home I'll try to use a knife to unstuck the cardboard (and avoid being arrested for being seen with a knife in public I guess) and if I can't I'll need to unscrew the door and hope that helps.

FFS.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

The Brain

They found my books and are sending them to me. :)

The Brain

I got my books today. A bit roughed up as you would expect, but nothing serious. All's well that ends well (sorry don't know the original Klingon). :)

The Brain

I just did my taxes. Took me 5 minutes in total. Thank you Swedish efficiency! :)

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on April 18, 2019, 08:50:47 AM
I got my books today. A bit roughed up as you would expect, but nothing serious. All's well that ends well (sorry don't know the original Klingon). :)

Hoch vaj megh'an toH
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2019, 11:13:44 AM
Quote from: The Brain on April 18, 2019, 08:50:47 AM

Hoch vaj megh'an toH

I'll have to trust the Crown on this one.

Eddie Teach

I never knew Meghan was a Klingon name.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?