News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Well that was odd. Train staff asked me why I bought a ticket originating at a station that is closed on Sunday. Quite strange given I got on a train today from that station. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

I have had no way to watch TV for some time. I have had a TV, but it is only hooked up to a DVD player. A friend gave me an antenna out of sympathy, but I never hooked it up out of concern it would be complicated. Not wanting to go to a super bowl party tonight, but wanting to watch the game, I managed to set it up in under 10 minutes.  :yeah:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on February 05, 2017, 11:17:09 AM
A friend gave me an antenna out of sympathy, but I never hooked it up out of concern it would be complicated.

Duque de Bragança

So even le Comte de Largent made the transition to digital tv without problems but Dorsey did not, until recently?  :hmm:

LaCroix

Quote from: alfred russel on February 05, 2017, 11:17:09 AM
I have had no way to watch TV for some time. I have had a TV, but it is only hooked up to a DVD player. A friend gave me an antenna out of sympathy, but I never hooked it up out of concern it would be complicated. Not wanting to go to a super bowl party tonight, but wanting to watch the game, I managed to set it up in under 10 minutes.  :yeah:

fox has a free stream this year of the super bowl. foxsportsgo.com

alfred russel

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 05, 2017, 01:46:15 PM
So even le Comte de Largent made the transition to digital tv without problems but Dorsey did not, until recently?  :hmm:

Kill your television.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Zanza

6:45pm The provisional crown on one of my teeth falls off while having dinner
6:57pm I have made an appointment at my dentist
7:12pm I arrive at my dentist and can immediately see the doctor
7:24pm The provisional crown is safely cemented back to the tooth

Yay for socialized medicine. :)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Grumbler didn't even say hello.  :(

Admiral Yi

Just had a minor brush with law enforcement.

Finished work at 1 and headed off to the supermercado for supplies.  On the back road I take there were three cop cars and two civilian vehicles, both empty.  Pretty narrow squeeze, but one cop waved me through with his wand.

Then on the way back the two civilian cars were gone, three cop cars were in the process of leaving.  Two of them parked next to each other to talk about something, blocking the road.  I stopped my car and waited.  Some dude behind me honked his horn.  The two cop cars stopped talking, one pulled into a drive way to turn around.  I started driving, and the drive way guy pulls out and cuts me off.  A little scary.  I jam the brakes and back up a little.  He pulls up next to me and says something about driving around or waiting and that honking is rude.  I told him I wasn't the one honking.  He says OK and heads off.

Probably the rudest a cop has ever been to me.

The Brain