News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyday Adventures

Started by The Brain, April 18, 2010, 03:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 14, 2017, 07:23:59 AM
While rinsing out an empty small jar of preserves, I managed to fumble it, dropping it into the kitchen sink.  This jar just happened to be just small enough to slide down into the drain of the garbage disposal...so there it is, about four inches down (from the top of the jar to the rim of the drain), just past the rubber ring/flap that always seems to be in garbage disposal drains...the jar's fit is just snug enough that no way can my fingers reach down/in and get any grab to pull it out...

What to do?  Duct tape to stick on the top and pull?  Nope, that rubber flap is tight enough around creating enough friction to make that impossible. 

A vacuum cleaner (I got a nifty, powerful Dyson)?  Nope, same problem.

Find a way to break the jar and pull out the pieces?  Chunks of glass probably wouldn't be good for the disposal.

The ultimate solution?  I take two, long/thin flathead screwdrivers, wrap the ends in duct tape (to create some grip), and push them down each side, pulling it up and out chopsticks-style like a really big, annoying dumpling.

Problem solved.  Sometimes it's just the small victories.  :showoff:

Congratulations. You're everything we've come to expect from years of government training.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 13, 2017, 08:35:29 PM
Poo report:

I launched the Yamato today.

Congratulations. You're everything we've come to expect from years of potty training.

HVC

he never said he did it in the potty :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

HEY YOU KIDS. GET OFF MY LAWN
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Today I helped an old lady who had fallen and couldn't get up. :showoff:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I bought new sweatpants for weekend lounging.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

Quote from: Syt on February 03, 2017, 10:51:18 AM

That word bothers me, conjures up an unpleasant image, why couldn't they have named them something else?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Quote from: mongers on February 03, 2017, 12:08:13 PM

That word bothers me, conjures up an unpleasant image, why couldn't they have named them something else?

Hotpants? Jesus.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: mongers on February 03, 2017, 12:08:13 PM

We call them "special needs trousers" in our house, but Syt might not regard that term as an improvement  :huh:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

I used to wear sweatpants a lot, then I moved to Texas. Shorts all year now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 04, 2017, 04:47:25 AM
I used to wear sweatpants a lot, then I moved to Texas. Shorts all year now.

Sweatpants to sweet pants.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

There used to a random tag on this wall

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk