News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fucking fuck traveling for work fuck

Started by CountDeMoney, April 15, 2010, 05:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I thought that would help, but it doesn't in SF. There is simply too many of the fuckers. They'll even try to ask me for money when I have my headphones blasting.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on April 20, 2010, 03:50:58 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2010, 03:43:47 PM
In San Francisco, that happens no matter what you are wearing. You learn to tune them out. :)

Now that I get to wear jeans to work, I never get hassled.  My "leave me the f*ck alone" scowl tends to help with that as well, I guess.

I am glad my work is pretty laid back about dress - I just wear jeans to work and pretty much blend in.

There's nothing quite like wearing barrister's robes (or even just the vest and tabs) for sticking out in a crowd though - doubly so in the middle of nowhere, Yukon.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

I wear a hot pink mini-skirt when in public. Perhaps that's my problem? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I feel bad for you guys that seemingly work in neighborhoods full of poors. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2010, 05:32:36 PM

I wouldn't say "poors".  It's just that Yukon is full of lots of different people: natives, hippie types, miners, and hunters - all of which have little in common besides very functional clothing.

The guy driving down the street in a rusted our pickup truck may be on social assistance, or he might have just came back from the Tungsten mine with six figures in his bank account.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

SF is one of the homeless capitals of America. ^_^

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2010, 03:55:51 PM
I wear a hot pink mini-skirt when in public. Perhaps that's my problem? :hmm:

I think my brother saw you walking around at Union Square.  :o :o
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

merithyn

To bring it back on topic: I'm off to Jainesville, WI, for three days in May. Yippee!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2010, 05:47:04 PM

SF is one of the homeless capitals of America. ^_^

I dodged eight or ten of them in the last two hours. My favorite is the guy somewhere west of Union Square (Post or Kearney maybe--don't remember) who holds a sign that says "FUCK YOU! GIVE ME SOME MONEY!" on it. Sometimes he yells at people. Mostly just laughs.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

They are really no big deal after a while. Oh and thanks for the meal.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on April 20, 2010, 11:46:57 PM
They are really no big deal after a while. Oh and thanks for the meal.

Hey, don't get pissy with me.  :lol:

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on April 20, 2010, 11:09:03 PM
To bring it back on topic: I'm off to Jainesville, WI, for three days in May. Yippee!
We have an office there.  I'm told by those who have visited it that Janesville is: a dump. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points