Started by alfred russel, April 10, 2009, 02:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: alfred russel on April 10, 2009, 08:16:29 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 10, 2009, 08:13:43 PM
That boat came and went some time back

What boat?
Rentals.
It was all the rage some years ago as it was a good way to make money but then any idiot with a bit of money decided it was a way to quick riches and...it sort of stopped being so profitable. For some reason.
Thats probally just the UK though of course. Different abroad.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Tyr on April 10, 2009, 08:19:57 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 10, 2009, 08:16:29 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 10, 2009, 08:13:43 PM
That boat came and went some time back

What boat?
Rentals.
It was all the rage some years ago as it was a good way to make money but then any idiot with a bit of money decided it was a way to quick riches and...it sort of stopped being so profitable. For some reason.
Thats probally just the UK though of course. Different abroad.

I don't know if it was ever the rage here, but as home prices go up, renting becomes a lot less attractive.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Alcibiades

Where about in Illinois?  Not to expose you are anything, from Rockford here.   :bowler:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

alfred russel

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 10, 2009, 08:30:23 PM
Where about in Illinois?  Not to expose you are anything, from Rockford here.   :bowler:

I'm in Chicago.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

katmai

Al, i'll be forever in your debt if you kick queepeeg or what ever name Spellus is going by now in the cajones. :hug:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: katmai on April 10, 2009, 08:37:36 PM
Al, i'll be forever in your debt if you kick queepeeg or what ever name Spellus is going by now in the cajones. :hug:

I didn't know who queepeeg was. What a terrible name.

So what are your thoughts on renting the homes in San Antonio? I guess it isn't too much trouble if you don't live there. Are these single family homes you are renting?

katmai

Quote from: alfred russel on April 10, 2009, 08:46:20 PM

So what are your thoughts on renting the homes in San Antonio? I guess it isn't too much trouble if you don't live there. Are these single family homes you are renting?

One is a 4plex, the other is a single family 4 brd home.
If my dad's girlfriend wasn't living in the 4plex so she can keep and eye on it for us, i'd be pushing to use a rental company and pay their 10% of rent fee as it's worth it to deal with those plumbing issues and other things of such a case.

We had such a company taking care of old property in Washington St, dismissed them for brief bit when a cousin of mine wanted to try and take care of the place, all i can say is :bleeding:

Went back to rental company till we sold the place.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Soooo....I'd get a Languish Discountâ„¢ on a rental house in SA, right?   And someone here will take care of all my needs, maintenance wise, yes?  :shifty: 

Ed Anger

I rent a house to Air force people, and they don't cause much problems. Military folk are good people. That and I can tattle on them if they act up.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

Quote from: alfred russel on April 10, 2009, 08:46:20 PM

Queequeg.  As in the cannibal harpooner.  I was Psellus.

Did you go to Kellogg or Booth?  Always figured you for a New Yorker, like Joan-Minsky.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger