Volcano eruption in Iceland disrupts UK, Norwegian flights

Started by Martinus, April 15, 2010, 03:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Zanza, thoe pics are the awesomest.  They're not shopped are they?

Legbiter

Amazing pictures Zanza!  :worthy:

Oh and the volcano is very quickly slowing down. It'll just be a local issue now instead of a global one.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martim Silva

Reuters is saying that the right pronounciation of Eyjafjallajokull is "ay-yah-FYAH-lah-yer-huhl".

Is that correct?

And the pics are amazing. I'm saving almost all of them.

Viking

Quote from: Martim Silva on April 21, 2010, 12:43:49 PM
Reuters is saying that the right pronounciation of Eyjafjallajokull is "ay-yah-FYAH-lah-yer-huhl".

Is that correct?

And the pics are amazing. I'm saving almost all of them.

almost... but icelandic is difficult like that, 14 vowels and all that..
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Jacob

On the radio I heard about how hundreds of thousand of travelers were stranded, even in places like LA because of planes couldn't get to where they needed to be; and how auto manufacturing plants in Germany and elsewhere were shutting down production because the flow of parts was impeded.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on April 21, 2010, 06:20:33 PM
On the radio I heard about how hundreds of thousand of travelers were stranded, even in places like LA because of planes couldn't get to where they needed to be; and how auto manufacturing plants in Germany and elsewhere were shutting down production because the flow of parts was impeded.

I read stuff like that to.  Such as African Roses being destroyed because they can't send them to Europe.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

This tops the weirdness scale at 12 out of 10

Quote from: http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/5651213-gaddafi-describes-the-cloud-of-volcanic-ash-iceland-b-divine-punishment-for-humansGaddafi describes the cloud of volcanic ash Iceland (b divine punishment for humans)

By ahmed ibrahem ibrahem Buray send a private message
Surt : Libya | Apr 20, 2010

Ruled out by Libyan leader Muammar GaddafiMuammar Gaddafi on Tuesday, the Arab region affected by the crisis caused by following the volcanic ash cloud emitted from the volcano, Iceland, which he described as "divine punishment of human beings."

This came in a speech by Libyan leader during the inauguration of the 43 session of the General Conference of the Union of Arab Universities, hosted by the University of Sirte on the Libyan city of Sirte, where Gadhafi expressed regret at the failure of Arab science.

He also criticized the Arab inability to invest their wealth and waste of funds, including many up in the end to their loss of these funds in a crisis such as the financial crisis that swept the world, adding that he had lost some of the Arab money and a half trillion dollars.

He pointed out that it is very shameful that a nation of these possibilities and this history and these challenges they face, did not make an effort to invent or develop anything deep and influential.

And asked the Arabs to the attention of scientific research and the abandonment of the traditional process in which we are now.

He pointed out that economists now say that the Arabs in their activity by the so-called economy, not yet at the stage of economic development, it is a cash deposit or architectural structures, and this is not economical.

I'd suggest the two bolded sections are somehow connected.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.