News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which do you prefer?

Started by merithyn, April 14, 2010, 08:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following do you find the most attractive?

A sleek look
5 (15.2%)
A windblown look
22 (66.7%)
A total-mess/don't care look
3 (9.1%)
Other - share with the class
3 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

dps

Jeez, Meri did you pick those photos with the intent of making her look as unattractive as possible?  Yuck.  Only the middle one does she look even somewhat attractive, and in that one, she looks like a streetwalker.

Brazen

I favour a shag. Quite like the hairdo to.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Pedrito

of the pics, no. 2.

Otherwise, i subscribe Neil's post

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Richard Hakluyt

No fixed preference; it depends on the place and time.

CountDeMoney

The fuck is this, Redbook?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

1 is a bad photo so of course 2.

3 is nasty. Rah-girls always have their hair like that. What they're thinking I don't know.
██████
██████
██████

DontSayBanana

All 3 are nasty photos.  2's the most palatable, but there's so much Photoshop work you almost can't tell her apart from early career Jessica Alba pics. :(

Need better material to make a choice.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Brazen on April 15, 2010, 01:19:40 AM
I favour a shag. Quite like the hairdo to.

I like shag carpeting too.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

I was merely offering pics to show what I was talking about in hairstyles, not asking if you found Hilary or those pictures in particular attractive.

It comes up because I realize that women have a very different idea of what men find attractive usually. This is a prime example in that a lot of women think the sleek, pulled-back look is highly attractive, but in my experience, only a handful of men find it so. Since I have a very varied group of men here, I thought I'd ask. And since this forum can't seem to understand words without pictures, I found some that mostly resembled the styles I was thinking of, and posted them. I, of course, knew that a contingency of you would bitch about the pics used, but couldn't be arsed to look harder for better pics.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Alcibiades

Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2010, 08:38:31 PM
No glasses.  She is not attractive in any of the pictures.

A woman should have long hair, but pulled back into a ponytail or bun.  Some hair should partially cover the forehead.  Makeup is unnecessary, but can be used sparingly.

No tattoos or piercings other than a single in each ear.

That is the Order of Things.

No you damn canuck, it is not.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

Windblown, for the record.  Nothing in a ponytail or bun please.   :yuk:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on April 15, 2010, 09:58:25 AM
I was merely offering pics to show what I was talking about in hairstyles, not asking if you found Hilary or those pictures in particular attractive.

It comes up because I realize that women have a very different idea of what men find attractive usually. This is a prime example in that a lot of women think the sleek, pulled-back look is highly attractive, but in my experience, only a handful of men find it so. Since I have a very varied group of men here, I thought I'd ask. And since this forum can't seem to understand words without pictures, I found some that mostly resembled the styles I was thinking of, and posted them. I, of course, knew that a contingency of you would bitch about the pics used, but couldn't be arsed to look harder for better pics.

You are correct in that what women find fashionable has little to do with what men find attractive. The way I've heard that explained is that women do not really dress so as to be attractive to men, but to please themselves.

Example: shoes and handbags. Men by and large could not give a shit.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on April 15, 2010, 10:23:50 AM
You are correct in that what women find fashionable has little to do with what men find attractive. The way I've heard that explained is that women do not really dress so as to be attractive to men, but to please themselves.

Example: shoes and handbags. Men by and large could not give a shit.

And of course the obsession with trying to look like a skeleton.

Unless of course when I fell over a few moments ago I accidentally slipped into a bizzare parallel dimension where Siege is representative of the average man.
██████
██████
██████