News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Jim Bunning endorses Tea Party

Started by jimmy olsen, April 14, 2010, 07:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Cal must be pleased.  :lol:

In more depressing news, the only other American in my appartment has turned out to be a Libertarian Gold Standard, Ron Paul fanboy. :bleeding:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2010/04/jim-bunning-endorses-tea-party-favorite-to-replace-him/1
QuoteJim Bunning endorses Tea Party favorite to replace him
06:45 PM

Kentucky Sen. Jim Bunning has endorsed anti-establishment candidate Rand Paul to replace him in the U.S. Senate. The GOP primary is May 18.

In a statement released this afternoon by Paul's campaign, Bunning said:

In the United States Senate, Kentuckians need a strong, principled conservative to stand up to the liberals and establishment politicians that run Washington. Kentucky needs a conservative who will say no to bailouts, stop the government takeover of our economy, end wasteful spending, and bring down our national debt. And Kentucky's families need a conservative who believes in traditional values and the rights of the unborn. In 2010, there is only one such conservative running for the United States Senate -- Dr. Rand Paul.

Bunning's move is a rebuke of Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson, whom our Gannett colleagues at The Louisville-Courier Journal describe as a Bunning protege.

It also highlights Bunning's contentious relationship with fellow Kentucky Sen. Mitch McConnell, the top Republican in the Senate. McConnell has not officially endorsed a candidate in the race, but has provided fundraising help to Grayson. (Last month, Grayson won the backing of another national GOP figure, former Vice President Dick Cheney.)

Paul, an ophthalmologist, is the son of  Texas Rep. Ron Paul, who unsuccessfully sought the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, but attracted a devoted following.

As The Washington Post recently reported, the younger Paul's outsider campaign has attracted the endorsement of former GOP vice president nominee Sarah Palin and lots of attention as a test of the anti-establishment wave among voters and where it might take the Republican Party.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

This is actually a good thing in my mind, but not for the reason that you may think.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Jim Bunning also endorsed the moon people who come to him at night and tell stories of their great moon wars against the people of Titan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: Razgovory on April 14, 2010, 08:00:23 PM
Jim Bunning also endorsed the moon people who come to him at night and tell stories of their great moon wars against the people of Titan...
And then you woke up, and your pillow was gone?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!