Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on March 13, 2010, 12:48:44 AM
Quote from: sbr on March 12, 2010, 08:53:53 PM
Quote from: katmai on March 12, 2010, 08:23:57 PM
Hey Berk and sbr.

Decision has come down on Masoli

Waits for, "Yeah like he will really miss the whole year"....   :P

Even if he does miss the entire year that seems awfully lenient for a guy who already has a burglary charge on his record (IIRC). 

I love that the penalty will not actually involve losing any eligibility.

Felony burglary for the star QB? Take a redshirt year.

Backup disses the coach on FB? ZOMG YOU ARE OFF THE TEAM!

First off he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, he could not have stayed on the team if he pleaded to a felony.  :contract:  ;)

Hopefully this Darron Thomas kid we have been waiting 2 years for now will make Masoli's last year of eligibility irrelevant.

Berkut

Quote from: sbr on March 13, 2010, 01:36:40 AM
Hey Berk and sbr.

Even if he does miss the entire year that seems awfully lenient for a guy who already has a burglary charge on his record (IIRC). 

First off he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, he could not have stayed on the team if he pleaded to a felony.  :contract: ;)

Whatever - the FB guy didn't rob anyone at all, and he got kicked off the team.

Chip is showing how important it is to him that his players don't talk back to him, and don't commit robbery.

The one good thing about all this is that in the future when people refer to OU as "thug-U" you won't have to wonder what they could possibly mean! :)
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on March 13, 2010, 04:20:31 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 13, 2010, 01:36:40 AM
Hey Berk and sbr.

First off he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, he could not have stayed on the team if he pleaded to a felony.  :contract: ;)

Whatever - the FB guy didn't rob anyone at all, and he got kicked off the team.

Chip is showing how important it is to him that his players don't talk back to him, and don't commit robbery.

The one good thing about all this is that in the future when people refer to OU as "thug-U" you won't have to wonder what they could possibly mean! :)

OK.

Ed Anger

Here is what everybody needs, an Ohio State update! From some faggit at ESPN:

QuoteMy apologies for the tardiness of this post, as I had to get to several other items today. But to answer several of you, I was in Columbus on Friday visiting with Ohio State. I'll take a more in-depth look at Ohio State later this week, but here are some thoughts and tidbits from my trip to central Ohio.

* Buckeyes head coach Jim Tressel had an interesting comment about his team's last two bowl appearances. While most fans wouldn't group the Fiesta Bowl loss to Texas with the Rose Bowl win against Oregon, Tressel doesn't see much difference between how his team performed, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. "A year ago this time, we were coming off a very tough game with Texas, a very good team and really, we played very well," Tressel told me. "Fast-forward a year, and we played against a very good Oregon team. I don't know if we played as well this year in our bowl game as we did a year ago in our bowl game, but we won." Ohio State certainly looked more dominant in the Rose Bowl than the Fiesta, but the competition in Glendale was a little stronger as well.
    * Etienne Sabino has the inside track for Ohio State's third starting linebacker spot alongside Ross Homan and Brian Rolle. "He's the guy," co-defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Luke Fickell said after Friday's practice. "I know he's going to be a junior, but he's still only 19 years old. You'd like to have more time with him, but he's coming along. This has been his best spring so far." There was a lot of buzz about Sabino last summer, but Ohio State went with experience (Austin Spitler) when the season rolled around. It sounds like Sabino is ready to take the next step in 2010.
    * Speaking of high praise, Rolle gave some to defensive lineman John Simon, who appeared in all 12 games as a true freshman last year and should see significant playing time this fall. Rolle expects Simon to earn All-America honors before his career is done, in large part because of the work he does in the weight room and the film room. "If somebody's going to try to outwork him, they'll going to have to work really hard," Rolle said. "And he's going to outwork that effort. He's going to be a guy who will be a star here the next couple of years." Rolle also is seeing good signs from Solomon Thomas, who is stepping into the Leo (rush end) spot vacated by Thaddeus Gibson. Thomas could have a tough time beating out Nathan Williams, who has had a good spring.
    * Terrelle Pryor showed no limitations from offseason knee surgery in practice and moved around well. He has some obvious chemistry with DeVier Posey and Dane Sanzenbacher, but Ohio State needs a No. 3 wide receiver to emerge. The hope is Taurian Washington can take that role, although Duron Carter should re-enter the mix when he gets out of Tressel's dog house. Chris Fields is another name to watch at wideout.
    * Devon Torrence didn't have the best day, but I still like his potential at cornerback. Torrence is an excellent athlete who could be a factor on punt returns, and he displays good aggressiveness going after the ball. I liked what I saw from Donnie Evege, who won't start at corner but could work his way into the rotation there. Evege made several nice plays during a red zone passing drill.
    * Jaamal Berry worked mainly with the third-team offense Friday, and the redshirt freshman running back has several players to leapfrog on the depth chart. I like his power with the ball, and though Jordan Hall isn't a big guy, he's pretty crafty and runs hard. Dan Herron appeared to hurt his ribs midway through practice, so I didn't see too much of him.
    * Homan is the senior member of the linebacking corps, but I really like the vocal leadership Rolle provides. He said he has always been a talker, but as a senior coming off of a strong 2009 season, he'll command more respect this fall.

Duron in the doghouse? What a shocker. Ray Small stayed in it for 4 years.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive