News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Piece of shit SEIU prezidizzle to quit

Started by Caliga, April 13, 2010, 07:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 13, 2010, 09:13:57 AM
Get the Popcorn, it's time for Dguller vs Grumbler round 225.
:huh:  We are in agreement.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Jack Johnson vs. James J. Jeffries was better.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 13, 2010, 09:07:56 AM
Many people are sorry, like you, that they don't have a career like mine (in precisely the job I want, with near-complete freedom to do it the way I want to do it, very satisfactory compensation, and enthusiastic "customers"), so I feel your pain.  :hug:
For the record, I love my job, even if you include the exams part.  But, beside that, my general observation is that people who automatically rag on the middle managers because they're middle managers tend to not be the superstars.  Everyone rags on the managers a little bit, it's just a workplace tradition, but beyond that it's a symptom.  Maybe you're just one of those mavericks who finds a niche, and for whom management can only be an impediment, and that's what colors your view.

DGuller

Unlikely.  For one, my WE is still in teens from the last one.

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on April 13, 2010, 09:15:27 AM
:huh:  We are in agreement.

You are? Are you really sure?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 13, 2010, 09:17:38 AM
For the record, I love my job, even if you include the exams part.  But, beside that, my general observation is that people who automatically rag on the middle managers because they're middle managers tend to not be the superstars.   
Good thing no one is doing that, then.  :cool:

QuoteEveryone rags on the managers a little bit, it's just a workplace tradition, but beyond that it's a symptom.  Maybe you're just one of those mavericks who finds a niche, and for whom management can only be an impediment, and that's what colors your view.
It could also be that you have no clue whatsoever about what kind of person I am or what colors my view.  The smart person focuses on the content of the post rather than engaging in ignorant speculation about the motives of  the poster.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 13, 2010, 09:27:30 AM
You are? Are you really sure?
Yep.  For the most part, anyway.  We disagree about the utility of DG making up shit about what must motivate me, but nobody takes his petty "speculation" seriously anyway, so it doesn't matter that we disagree there.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on April 13, 2010, 09:43:36 AM
It could also be that you have no clue whatsoever about what kind of person I am or what colors my view.  The smart person focuses on the content of the post rather than engaging in ignorant speculation about the motives of  the poster.
Well, I'm not merely a smart person, I'm also an intellectually curious person.  Seeing certain content makes me wonder about factors that bring such content about.  Some content is really only interesting based on what it reveals about the originator of the content.

You expressed your belief that everyone who is a middle manager, or aspires to be one, is a moron.  Obviously content such as this is worthless by itself, since it's just a cartoonishly moronic statement.  The interesting stuff is all about the reasons why someone would post such a bitterly jaded comment.

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on April 13, 2010, 07:58:46 AM
well, he was right, of course, but that wasn't because your hospital lacked union representation.  I don't think there are any hospitals that are well-managed and offering quality health care any more.
There is the argument that it's very difficult to offer quality health care any more given the out of control costs.  That's at least the argument that Paul (the CEO of that medical center) used to make and I presume continues to make.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on April 13, 2010, 10:01:19 AM
Well, I'm not merely a smart person, I'm also an intellectually curious person.  Seeing certain content makes me wonder about factors that bring such content about.  Some content is really only interesting based on what it reveals about the originator of the content.
Self-proclaimed genius is not genius at all.  Truly smart people know they need not proclaim their intelligence.

QuoteYou expressed your belief that everyone who is a middle manager, or aspires to be one, is a moron.
No, I didn't.   That is your contention, not mine.

QuoteObviously content such as this is worthless by itself, since it's just a cartoonishly moronic statement.  The interesting stuff is all about the reasons why someone would post such a bitterly jaded comment.
Precisely - and since you are the one uttering it, you can explain yourself.

All of this has nothing to do with me.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2010, 10:51:53 AM
There is the argument that it's very difficult to offer quality health care any more given the out of control costs.  That's at least the argument that Paul (the CEO of that medical center) used to make and I presume continues to make.
He and I agree, then.  We would also agree, presumably, that this has little or nothing to do with unions.

Bayraktar!

DGuller

My fault, I missed the qualifier about you referring only to the middle managers of the three big entities in question.  :blush:

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on April 13, 2010, 11:24:59 AM
He and I agree, then.  We would also agree, presumably, that this has little or nothing to do with unions.
Fair enough... but then would you also agree that it's puzzling that the SEIU took out attack ads bashing the medical center for that very thing?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2010, 11:41:25 AM
Fair enough... but then would you also agree that it's puzzling that the SEIU took out attack ads bashing the medical center for that very thing?
It seems to me fairly obvious why they would do so.... self-interest.  I don't think the SEIU cares about medical quality per se.  It is one of the biggest bureaucracies out there, and so one would expect its decision-making to be almost entirely bureaucratic..

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

QuoteWell, I'm not merely a smart person, I'm also an intellectually curious person

Humble also.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive