Muslims 'Greet' Returning British Troops on Parade

Started by derspiess, March 10, 2009, 10:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2009, 08:52:57 AM
And yes because Phelps is the only extreme Christian in all of the world.

I assure you Phelps' brand of "Christianity" is quite unique.

Unless you want to produce the name of the other group of Christians who stake out military funerals calling on the deaths of people they do not like.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Slargos on March 11, 2009, 08:48:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2009, 08:47:34 AM
Quote from: Slargos on March 11, 2009, 08:44:14 AM
Quote from: Josquius on March 11, 2009, 08:11:09 AM
QuoteThis is what unwise immigration policies get you, unfortunately.  Hit up the link for pics.  These protestors ought to be waterboarded for shits & giggles.
Explain then: Fred Phelps.
This was on the same scale.

The big police operation as ar esult of it was to stop the general population beating the crap out of the protestors which says qutie a bit I think...

Difference of course being that Phelps is one guy with a bunch of hangarounds and I would wager even most people who agree with him think it's in poor taste. These guys are legion, and their peers find their behaviour completely acceptable.
Have you read what RH posted? There were 20 of these guys there. That's the usual turnout at Phelps's protests as well.

I will admit that I sortof spaced out after the thread title. It's not like these kind of protests are not thirteen to the dozen.
I don't know - are they?

And also I want to say I FUCKING HATE THIS BOARD. I HATE HOW QUOTING LOOKS. THIS IS FUCKING PISSING ME OFF. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2009, 08:55:32 AM
And also I want to say I FUCKING HATE THIS BOARD. I HATE HOW QUOTING LOOKS. THIS IS FUCKING PISSING ME OFF. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Yeah you can hardly tell who said what.

Everything looks so...tiny
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Slargos

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2009, 08:55:32 AM
Quote from: Slargos on March 11, 2009, 08:48:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2009, 08:47:34 AM
Quote from: Josquius on March 11, 2009, 08:11:09 AM
QuoteThis is what unwise immigration policies get you, unfortunately.  Hit up the link for pics.  These protestors ought to be waterboarded for shits & giggles.
Explain then: Fred Phelps.
This was on the same scale.

The big police operation as ar esult of it was to stop the general population beating the crap out of the protestors which says qutie a bit I think...

Difference of course being that Phelps is one guy with a bunch of hangarounds and I would wager even most people who agree with him think it's in poor taste. These guys are legion, and their peers find their behaviour completely acceptable.
Have you read what RH posted? There were 20 of these guys there. That's the usual turnout at Phelps's protests as well.

I will admit that I sortof spaced out after the thread title. It's not like these kind of protests are not thirteen to the dozen.
I don't know - are they?

That settles it.

I love this board.  ;D

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on March 11, 2009, 08:54:19 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2009, 08:52:57 AM
And yes because Phelps is the only extreme Christian in all of the world.

I assure you Phelps' brand of "Christianity" is quite unique.

Unless you want to produce the name of the other group of Christians who stake out military funerals calling on the deaths of people they do not like.
You are kidding, right? Phelps may be an extreme example, but there are others. There are the likes of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson who think 911 is the punishment for tolerance of homosexuality; the likes of the catholic bishop Williamson who thinks Jews invented Holocaust and are guilty of killing Jesus; the likes of Polish Father Rydzyk, head of a catholic media empire, who says Jews, homos and masons control the EU; the likes of the recently appointed catholic bishop of Linz who thinks that Katrina and the great Pacific tsunami few years ago were a punishment for gay bars and sex tourists; Dominionists (including one candidate for the governor of Texas) who believe Leviticus should be made into national law etc. etc.

And, same as with muslims, I don't see the Christian leaders rushing to disavow themselves from Phelps every time he says that God hates fags or that they should be put to death. In fact, Vatican was perfectly happy to ally with muslim states recently in opposing a UN resolution that would call for abolition of death penalty for homosexuals. So fuck you and your Christian apologism.

Warspite

What does 'unwise immigration policy' have to do with idiots born in the UK?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Slargos

Quote from: Map Sucks on March 11, 2009, 09:05:48 AM
What does 'unwise immigration policy' have to do with idiots born in the UK?

Their ancestors had to have immigrated at some point.  ::)

Berkut

So...where were all the vocal Muslims in the "Support the troops" crowd telling the idiot Muslims to STFU?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

Quote from: Berkut on March 11, 2009, 09:07:09 AM
So...where were all the vocal Muslims in the "Support the troops" crowd telling the idiot Muslims to STFU?

You mean the moderates? I believe they're busy herding doodoos.

DisturbedPervert

Yeah, mooslims and Christians are just as bad.

Josquius

That's just the point though, they're not.

If this was the only group of Muslims in the world who did this sort of thing I would agree it is on the same scale.

Have you been in a cave with cotton stuffed in your ears and missed the last 30 years or so?

I can't think of this happening in the UK at any time before. Similar stuff maybe (Abu Hamza's rallies) but again only with small groups of idiots.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 11, 2009, 09:03:53 AM
You are kidding, right? Phelps may be an extreme example, but there are others. There are the likes of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson who think 911 is the punishment for tolerance of homosexuality; the likes of the catholic bishop Williamson who thinks Jews invented Holocaust and are guilty of killing Jesus; the likes of Polish Father Rydzyk, head of a catholic media empire, who says Jews, homos and masons control the EU; the likes of the recently appointed catholic bishop of Linz who thinks that Katrina and the great Pacific tsunami few years ago were a punishment for gay bars and sex tourists; Dominionists (including one candidate for the governor of Texas) who believe Leviticus should be made into national law etc. etc.

And, same as with muslims, I don't see the Christian leaders rushing to disavow themselves from Phelps every time he says that God hates fags or that they should be put to death. In fact, Vatican was perfectly happy to ally with muslim states recently in opposing a UN resolution that would call for abolition of death penalty for homosexuals. So fuck you and your Christian apologism.

You don't see them disavowing a dude saying 'God hates America'?  Then I guess you are blind.

I am on your side here dude, remember that.  However I don't automatically lump every person I disagree with as equally vile.  There is a difference between dragging gays in the streets and executing with public support them like extreme Muslim countries do and what I generally see Christians doing.  Also it is worthwhile to note that alot of gay people are Muslim and Christian and plenty of people from both faiths are on your side.  You cannot just defeat religion in order to get what you want.  It will never happen and in my opinion religion simply needs to be updated, it is too fundamentaly a part of human nature to be destroyed fortunately or unfortunately.

Also my views have been tainted by the fact that I, admittedly, spend lots of time with pro-gay rights Christians sometimes I forget they are in the minority.

Warspite

That must be one good news source if you know enough about the composition of the crowd to know that there were no Muslims at the parade in good faith.  :)
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Valmy

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 11, 2009, 09:11:13 AM
Yeah, mooslims and Christians are just as bad.

Yep.  Let me know when that happens in Poland Mart.

Berkut

Quote from: Map Sucks on March 11, 2009, 09:15:43 AM

That must be one good news source if you know enough about the composition of the crowd to know that there were no Muslims at the parade in good faith.  :)

I know no such thing - do you?

And who the fuck are you, anyway?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned