Main Menu

NCAA 2009-10 Hoops: Yo, mah Jordans, nigga

Started by CountDeMoney, October 25, 2009, 09:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2010, 02:01:23 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 28, 2010, 09:26:47 AM
You have money on K. state?

They always smack down his beloved Wright State Raiders.  Plus I'm guessing there is an Indiana angle of some sort with his in-laws.

First part correct. Although the Raiders occasionally bite Butler in the ass in the Horizon league.

The Raiders can't get good big men and play small ball.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

charliebear

How 'bout those Spartans!
Final Four, baby   :punk:

derspiess

Quote from: charliebear on March 28, 2010, 03:47:18 PM

More importantly, I win the Languish bracket.  Duke & WVU saved my ass.  Tim's penalty for picking Baylor is 3rd place.  None of us had any correct picks for the semifinals or finals, so the scores are all set.

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2010, 08:36:13 PM
Quote from: charliebear on March 28, 2010, 03:47:18 PM

More importantly, I win the Languish bracket.  Duke & WVU saved my ass.  Tim's penalty for picking Baylor is 3rd place.  None of us had any correct picks for the semifinals or finals, so the scores are all set.

HA! The fucker counted his chickens before they hatched, and the sports gods punished him. HAHAHAHA

Valmy

Michigan State
Butler
West Virginia
Duke

Just as I predicted!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Strix

Seedy can be proud!

They just released a study of graduation rates for basketball players from various Division I schools. The University of Maryland was the worst! They graduated ZERO black players and only 8% of their white ones.

FEAR the Turtle!

http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/best-colleges/2010/03/19/ncaa-mens-basketball-graduation-rate-disparity-between-races-grows.html

EDIT: Link to study http://www.ncasports.org/Articles/2010_Mens_Bball_PR.pdf
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Neil

The minute a black kid starts playing college hoops, unless he goes to the NBA (and usually even then) he has no future anyways.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Neil on March 29, 2010, 08:04:35 PM
The minute a black kid starts playing college hoops, unless he goes to the NBA (and usually even then) he has no future anyways.
Unless he goes to Duke, in which case he'll be coaching a Div I school within 2 years of graduation.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Strix on March 29, 2010, 07:45:06 PM
Seedy can be proud!

They just released a study of graduation rates for basketball players from various Division I schools. The University of Maryland was the worst! They graduated ZERO black players and only 8% of their white ones.

FEAR the Turtle!

Well, it is a tough school.

Berkut

QuoteButler Hoops Team Under Investigation – AP

INDIANAPOLIS–Butler's run in the NCAA Men's Basketball National Championship Game may be tarnished after reports surfaced today that all 13 scholarship players on the roster are being given good educations in an effort to help them find good jobs after they leave the school. "It's important to remember that right now these are only allegations — allegations that we are looking into," said NCAA president James Isch.

"But, obviously, if true, this would be very disappointing. The NCAA has certain expectations and standards. It's not fair for players at one school to be given good educations while athletes at other member schools receive basic, remedial instruction that is worth essentially nothing."   According to documents seized from the school's registrar's office, Butler players have received an education worth $38,616 per year totaling more than $150,000 over a four-year career.

Compare that to player at a school like Kentucky , where tuition is set at $4,051 — but with an actual value far below that.  "We don't want to say too much until these reports are confirmed," said Kentucky head basketball coach John Calipari. "But we're talking about almost $140,000 difference in education per player — and that's even if my players stayed four years or graduated, which many of them do not. Then these Butler players are reportedly stepping into good jobs after graduation while my kids, if they don't make the NBA, have absolutely no job prospects or life skills. It's far from a balanced playing field. They are buying the best players by giving them a high-priced education."

In addition to the allegations that they were given an expensive education, many Butler players have been spotted around campus holding books, studying and engaging in interesting conversations. Others have been seen with people who are known to not be tutors.  Butler shooting guard and Kentucky native Shelvin Mack, who is reportedly a secondary education major, denied allegations that the Bulldog program is cheating.

"The discourse on this matter is fatuous and inane," he said, implicating the program further.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

sbr

Ed Anger

I know that's parody, but still.....

FUCK BUTLER.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point