News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

setconfig.exe?

Started by Valdemar, April 10, 2010, 06:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdemar

Hello,

My wife has a laptop (XP pro SP 3) where my boys often play various online webgames.

Late there has repeatedly been a popup saying "Setconfig has encountered a problem, do you wish to send an error report to microsoft."

Can someone tell me what this file does, why it suddenly fails, and last, is it even a MS file, or is the popup a ruse to get me to send something else to someone else?

V

grumbler

Quote from: Valdemar on April 10, 2010, 06:30:29 AM
Hello,

My wife has a laptop (XP pro SP 3) where my boys often play various online webgames.

Late there has repeatedly been a popup saying "Setconfig has encountered a problem, do you wish to send an error report to microsoft."

Can someone tell me what this file does, why it suddenly fails, and last, is it even a MS file, or is the popup a ruse to get me to send something else to someone else?

V
Setconfig is actually an HP application.  Go to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=238320&prodNameId=238322&swEnvOID=228&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=lj-32527-1, and use it to remove this obsolete file
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valdemar

Thanks Grumbler, she did indeed install an old printer lately

V