POTATO SPLASH: Polish President Lech Kaczynski 'in plane crash'

Started by Tamas, April 10, 2010, 02:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Agelastus on April 10, 2010, 07:26:12 AM
OK, I know this is important (and for Poland, tragic) news, but do we really have to have three threads related to it?

We've had more threads on the shaving of balls. It's fine.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grallon

Was that the one with a twin? 

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

Well, that took the pis out of Polish politics in a hurry.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Alexandru H.

Quote from: PDH on April 10, 2010, 09:30:35 AM

I am not familiar with the exact situation, but such a tragedy could actually improve PiS' standings. New leadership and a topic that would bring tears and pity votes...

Martinus

Polish Prime Minister announced he is going to fly to the site of the crash to investigate. :frusty:

Martinus

In other news, the Russian President is going to send a televised speech to Polish people.

My guess on the opening words:

"People of Poland. Resistance is futile."

Queequeg

4th Partition, here we go! Germans in Silesia and Danzig by the end of the weekend!   :yeah: 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Martinus

Quote from: Alexandru H. on April 10, 2010, 09:47:06 AM
Quote from: PDH on April 10, 2010, 09:30:35 AM

I am not familiar with the exact situation, but such a tragedy could actually improve PiS' standings. New leadership and a topic that would bring tears and pity votes...

I don't think so. First of all, unless Jaroslaw (the other twin, who is the leader of the party and was the "bad cop" to Lech's "good cop") retires, there will be no change of leadership and he is pretty much unelectable (he has a very "hard core" electorate, which guarantees he will always be at least second when it comes to Parliamentary elections, but he is so hated by everybody else, he won't ever get majority required to win Presidential elections).

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on April 10, 2010, 09:53:03 AM
Polish Prime Minister announced he is going to fly to the site of the crash to investigate. :frusty:

A 747 recently crashed in a cemetery in Poland.

Polish officials have so far retrieved 4000 bodies.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2010, 10:03:25 AM

A 747 recently crashed in a cemetery in Poland.

Polish officials have so far retrieved 4000 bodies.

:XD:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

I'm pretty sure this was the fastest this board has given in to gallows humor during a tragedy, btw.  The fact that it was Poles affected probably helped a whole lot.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

DGuller

With the remains of the Polish government, I presume?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Queequeg on April 10, 2010, 10:07:45 AM
I'm pretty sure this was the fastest this board has given in to gallows humor during a tragedy, btw.  The fact that it was Poles affected probably helped a whole lot.
I've seen faster.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

The worst thing about this tragedy is that the irony of it all is so obvious that it kind of cramps your style in making a joke.  Good luck trying to think of a joke about the Polish elite dying in Russia again that wasn't already obvious to everyone who first read this story.