News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games for Gustav #3

Started by Josephus, April 09, 2010, 07:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

You are holding your granddaughter's hand.
Neither of you is well after the long trip
with no food or water.
Together you are taken to an "infirmary" by a soldier.
The place turns out to be a pit where people are
being "cured with a single pill," as the soldier puts it,
that is, with a single shot to the back of the head.
The pit is full of bodies, some of  them are still moving.
There are six people ahead of you in the line.
Your granddaughter looks up at you
and asks you a question.

What is that question?

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PDH

"Are they SURE we won't come back as zombies?"
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Something like GF or PDH said - the question makes you assume the "shot" is a "gun shot" but it could be just an injection.

PDH

The problem with right-brained questions having a "correct" response implies that there is only one answer that fits...a very left-brained assumption :)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josephus

Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2010, 07:28:56 AM
Something like GF or PDH said - the question makes you assume the "shot" is a "gun shot" but it could be just an injection.

Are you really a lawyer?

No...havent' you seen the movies. Happened all over Poland. Big pit. dead bodies. Bad German shooting you.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

NO PDH. There is no one answer. It's all about imaginations and interpretations.

Martinus

Quote from: Josephus on April 09, 2010, 08:27:28 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2010, 07:28:56 AM

Are you really a lawyer?

No...havent' you seen the movies. Happened all over Poland. Big pit. dead bodies. Bad German shooting you.

I saw "28 Days After". I haven't seen "Katyn". So there. :P

Razgovory

I'm still shocked I've fathered a child.  Anyway, how am I suppose to know what someone else will ask?  She could be going on about wanting to borrow the car or needing to take a crap.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

This is pretty much a repeat of Gustav's fun and games #2.

BuddhaRhubarb

"Do I have to go in the pit with those gross old dudes?" is what a modern young lady would say.
:p

Josephus

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on April 09, 2010, 11:50:37 AM
"Do I have to go in the pit with those gross old dudes?" is what a modern young lady would say.

Followed by: "I can't get a signal here? Like, how can I send a picture to my friends. LOL"

Lettow77

Quote from: Josephus on April 09, 2010, 07:15:50 AM
You are holding your granddaughter's hand.
Neither of you is well after the long trip
with no food or water.
Together you are taken to an "infirmary" by a soldier.
The place turns out to be a pit where people are
being "cured with a single pill," as the soldier puts it,
that is, with a single shot to the back of the head.
The pit is full of bodies, some of  them are still moving.
There are six people ahead of you in the line.
Your granddaughter looks up at you
and asks you a question.

What is that question?

"Are we there yet?"
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'