News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Games for Gustav #2

Started by Josephus, April 08, 2010, 07:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

You are a barber.
You are working in a room full of people.
You shear them and then they are led away and killed.
You do this all day, every day. A new group is brought in.
You recognize the wife and sister of a good friend.
They recognize you too, with joy in their eyes.
You embrace.
They ask you what is going to happen to them.

What do you tell them?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

No.

I'm a barber in a nazi like death camp, telling them serves no purpose.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I tell them to prepare themselves for death.

Unless they're going to be gassed in their sleep or something, in which case I tell them nothing.

Camerus

If I were knowingly a cog in a giant death machine, presumably my moral system would be radically different from what it is now.  Don't know how to answer that.

Josephus

Yeah. I'm not sure I'd be able to. I'd probably chicken out and if they ask me what fate awaits them I would say. "I'm just the barber. I don't know what goes on out there."
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Wouldn't there be guards standing around watching you?
You're as good as dead now after letting them hug you...
██████
██████
██████

Kleves

I tell them: "You're going to get a free haircut."
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 08, 2010, 07:29:20 AM
I tell them to prepare themselves for death.

This.  I understand the "telling them serves no purpose", but there's some chance that it does - they might be able to make their peace with their maker.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I tell them what ever the hell I want since I'm apparently a person who considers sheep good friends.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

How stupid are they?  I mean, will they believe me when I say "if you have hot barbershop sex with me I MIGHT be able to find a way out of this for you."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Jaron

I tell them the sheeps is going to be SLAUGHTERED.

Heres the trick you all. Raz sorta stumbled on it too.

The actions of the "barber" and the people are unrelated. The people are there, but they aren't the ones being sent off to slaughter.

We're all victims of poor, misleading English. These games are a bit like trying to decipher Martinus' posts.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josephus

Quote from: Jaron on April 08, 2010, 12:16:03 PM
I tell them the sheeps is going to be SLAUGHTERED.

Heres the trick you all. Raz sorta stumbled on it too.

The actions of the "barber" and the people are unrelated. The people are there, but they aren't the ones being sent off to slaughter.

We're all victims of poor, misleading English. These games are a bit like trying to decipher Martinus' posts.

Although I did not create these games, I think you are wrong.
I think the English is, not only un-poor, but straightforward enough for Languishites to understand.

It's not a riddle. These are moral quandries; specifically relating to situations Jews found themselves in.

Razgovory

The word "shear" gives me the impression I'm dealing with sheep.  Sheep are a type of people.  And the idea that someone who is my friend is married to a sheep isn't far fetched.  Take Brain for example.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

It's a not a barber then, it's a shearer. Freaking misleading english.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

I'd tell them I'm not shearing them.
Experience bij!