For Syt: Superwrestler Chris Canyon dies mysteriously at 40

Started by Jaron, April 05, 2010, 03:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

QuoteKlucsaritis was under contract with WWE from March 2001 to February 2004, and won the United States Championship from Booker T during this time, in July of 2001.

Way after I followed wrestling.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

Quote from: Syt on April 05, 2010, 03:47:39 PM
QuoteKlucsaritis was under contract with WWE from March 2001 to February 2004, and won the United States Championship from Booker T during this time, in July of 2001.

Oh well. you're the only one here I know who cares about wrasslers. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Drakken

Quote from: Caliga on April 05, 2010, 05:42:19 PM
But Christy Canyon is still ok, right? :unsure:

As of last news, yeah. And so are PJ Sparxxx, Jeanna Fine, and Ashlyn Gere.

But I miss Anna Malle.  :cry:

Syt

Quote from: Jaron on April 05, 2010, 05:50:16 PM

Oh well. you're the only one here I know who cares about wrasslers. :P

I stopped following it when it started into the Attitude Era. Which was gay. A friend of mine, however, lives the dream and runs:
http://www.pro-wrestling-fighters.de/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

You used to follow WCW, right? I read the other day that a disproportionally high number of former WCW wrestlers died before turning 50, way more than in the old school WWF of the 80s and 90s.

Syt

I followed both somewhat equally. WCW in early 90s had great talent but suffered a lot from bad booking/writing.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Drakken

Quote from: The Larch on April 06, 2010, 04:12:52 AM

You used to follow WCW, right? I read the other day that a disproportionally high number of former WCW wrestlers died before turning 50, way more than in the old school WWF of the 80s and 90s.

I stopped after the Fingerpoke of Doom.

Sophie Scholl

He was in WCW for quite a while before the listed WWE stint.  Chris "Champagne" Kanyon was pals with DDP and formed a stable with DDP and Bam Bam Bigelow for a while.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Josquius

I remember viewing WCW as nothing more than a poor man's WWF.
Which to look at its place on TV it really was.
██████
██████
██████