News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Glenn Beck to publish a novel

Started by Martinus, April 06, 2010, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteBeck novel depicts America sliding into civil war

Fox News commentator Glenn Beck has indicated that his novel, due out in June, will portray America in the throes of civil war. In a recent appearance before about 8,000 supporters in Orlando, Fla., Beck described the book as "a story of America at a time much like today where the people are confused and they're being lied to," according to Will Bunch of the Philadelphia Daily News, who attended Beck's American Revival event.

Bunch reported that Beck told the gathering the story depicts the rise of a citizen's organization called the Founders Keepers, "a group of people that just won't give up." What follows, Beck said, is "a battle and a civil war, and life is upside-down planetwide."

On its Amazon page, the book is titled "The Overton Window." Beck offered insight into his inspiration for the title on a Fox appearance during which he mentioned the book by a slightly different name: "We Are Americans: The Overton Window." The term Overton Window refers to a theory developed by Joe Overton, a former vice president of the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, in which political ideas move in and out of a window of public acceptability.

The storyline of the novel has prompted some in the blogosphere to worry that Beck is inciting civil insurrection. As he told the crowd in Orlando, "If we don't face the truth right now, we'll be dead in five years -- this country can't survive." He also advised his listeners to stockpile food, saying: "I am incredibly prepared."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/political-bookworm/2010/04/beck_novel_depicts_america_sli.html

What a loon :D

Syt

So ultimately all the fearmongering and madness he spouts on his program was a sales pitch for his novel? The man's a genius!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DisturbedPervert

Can't decide between this and the Newt Gingrich alternate history novels

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on April 06, 2010, 10:15:54 AM
Can't decide between this and the Newt Gingrich alternate history novels
Pick the latter, Grant saves the day and the North wins.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

History-inspired idiosyncracies must be one of the weirdest "folie a mille" types of delusions nations (or parts of them) suffer from.

One can have otherwise completely well adjusted and educated individuals (not saying Glenn Beck is one) who follow totally idiotic interpretations of historical facts. It would be funny if it wasn't so volatile.

Razgovory

I am ready and willing to sign up as one of Obama's commissars.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Kleves on April 06, 2010, 10:10:07 AM
The South shall fall again!

More like the teabaggers who are from all regions of the country(i.e. you) would fall.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 06, 2010, 10:43:44 AM

Would you send Princesca to a gulag? :(

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on April 06, 2010, 10:48:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 06, 2010, 10:43:44 AM

Nah, I'm looking more of a General Blokhin type job.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Caliga

Beck stockpiles food because he's a Mormon, and all Mormons do that.  It's a sacrament or a mitzvah or something.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Her infatuation with Glenn Beck and these Tea Party loons annoys me. :ph34r:

Hilariously, she still tries to maintain that she's "not a conservative", despite recently changing her party affiliation to Republican so she could vote for Rand Paul in the Kentucky primary.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on April 06, 2010, 11:02:56 AM
Beck stockpiles food because he's a Mormon, and all Mormons do that.  It's a sacrament or a mitzvah or something.

That because Mormons await the day they can revive the Nauvoo legion form the Theodemocracy.

Grallon

Quote from: Caliga on April 06, 2010, 11:05:05 AM
Her infatuation with Glenn Beck and these Tea Party loons annoys me. :ph34r:

Is that why she no longer comes here?  Or did she get tired of our shennannigans?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Caliga

Nah, I'm really not sure why she stopped posting, though she lurks from time to time, which I know because about once every couple weeks she'll mention some thread she was reading.