Guam might tip over due to overpopulation, says Dem Congressman

Started by derspiess, April 01, 2010, 09:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

In a way it kinda reminds me of the time another military dude was testifying before Barbara Boxer and he called her "ma'am" and she went off into a feminazi tirade about being called "ma'am". :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

As long as they spread the people and weight down, it won't tip over, might sink a bit, but not capsize. :yes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

KRonn

I'll wish Guam all the best, even as it looks like the island is already starting to tip.   :huh:

Lol.. what, does this guy think the island is out there floating around like a rubber ducky in a bath tub?   :wacko:

Maximus

What they need to do is saw the island in half and rotate the overpopulated part, then re-attach it.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on April 02, 2010, 05:42:31 AM
In a way it kinda reminds me of the time another military dude was testifying before Barbara Boxer and he called her "ma'am" and she went off into a feminazi tirade about being called "ma'am". :rolleyes:
She wanted to be called sir like the men? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

KRonn

Hehe....

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2010, 07:47:22 AM
She wanted to be called sir like the men? :unsure:

No, Senator. She worked hard for the title after all.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on April 02, 2010, 05:29:35 AM
He has probably dealt with politicians before. A few years ago a Swedish MP asked a panel of scientists why you don't just put a propeller on cars and generate power from the airflow when driving.
That's not retarded, just naive.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2010, 08:19:50 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 02, 2010, 08:10:53 AM
Why wouldn't that work?
The additional power needed to push the prop through the air would be more than the power received from that propeller rotating.  That's my somewhat educated guess anyway, but I'd be surprised if I were wrong about that.

DGuller

He has probably dealt with politicians before. A few years ago a Swedish MP asked a panel of scientists why you don't just put a propeller on cars and generate power from the airflow when driving.
Actually, if he suggested generating generating all of the car's power from the airflow when driving, and not just auxiliary power, then he's much closer to being retarded.  Even non-scientist should be keenly aware of the fact that perpetual motion machines are impossible.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2010, 08:44:50 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 02, 2010, 02:08:05 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 02, 2010, 01:51:43 AM
Either he was out of his mind, or badly taken out of context.

Definitely the former...The guy's a nutter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsFsn8ekyhw

Is that guy stoned?
I already answered this, yes, he's on experimental medication.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Well, then he shouldn't be part of those procedures and be somewhere safe where he can't embarrass himself.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on April 02, 2010, 08:38:41 AM
Actually, if he suggested generating generating all of the car's power from the airflow when driving, and not just auxiliary power, then he's much closer to being retarded.  Even non-scientist should be keenly aware of the fact that perpetual motion machines are impossible.

Don't worry, he didn't suggest using ONLY the propeller.

Here it is (with subtitles): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYTGDkWMe0M&NR=1
Women want me. Men want to be with me.