Guam might tip over due to overpopulation, says Dem Congressman

Started by derspiess, April 01, 2010, 09:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Maybe he knows something we don't...

http://www.aolnews.com/politics/article/rep-hank-johnson-worries-guam-might-capsize/19423682

Quote"My fear that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," the Georgia Democrat said, making a tipping motion with his hands.

Anyway, just to be on the safe side, let's all keep the people of Guam in our thoughts & prayers.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jaron

If Katmais fat ass hasnt tipped Alaska over I'm sure Yuam is fine.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

katmai

Quote from: Jaron on April 01, 2010, 10:47:00 PM

:punk:

Wait a minute i'd have to be fat enough to tip over all of North and south america to do that!

JonasSalk

This guy replaced the woman in my avatar, scourge of Georgia, Cynthia McKinney.  Unfortunately District 4 contains most of DeKalb County, which is a magical land of insanity which regularly sends off one of its best to congress.
Yuman

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on April 01, 2010, 10:47:00 PM

What if Katmai visits Guam?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

jimmy olsen

Apparently he's quite ill and undergoing experimental treatment, so I think he should be a given a pass on this.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Yeah, this is something that sounds too stupid to be plausible.  Either he was out of his mind, or badly taken out of context.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

I tip my hat to the Navy guy for not laughing in his face.  I'm pretty sure I would have.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

He has probably dealt with politicians before. A few years ago a Swedish MP asked a panel of scientists why you don't just put a propeller on cars and generate power from the airflow when driving.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

He took so long to say that Guam is a small island, about a minute, so his excursion into hyperbole looked retarded.

I felt rather sorry for the admiral, the proceedings looked farcical.