Suspected pirates nabbed after skirmish with U.S. Navy ship

Started by KRonn, April 01, 2010, 12:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: The Brain on April 02, 2010, 12:54:37 AM
Quote from: Jaron on April 01, 2010, 06:52:50 PM
Also, most black people do not have fully developed brains due to a smaller cranium size.

I thought this was a myth?

:hmm: Troll?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

KRonn

Quote from: Valdemar on April 02, 2010, 02:42:02 AM
Well pirates are stupid.. they attacked a French naval vessel last year.. when they failed a French one they decided to try again against US one?  :hmm:

The Danish command ship (simulated Frig) "Absalon" captured and sunk a mothership a month or so ago.

V
I think a Spanish warship nabbed a pirate ship and mother ship recently too. The Russians have. Heck, seems like most nations involved have now nailed a few pirates.

Hmm... maybe the pirates are trying to fight back by attacking the warships!    ;)    I assume the pirates must not realize it's a warship they're shooting at until it's too late. They just see a big ship, probably never/rarely seen a warship before?

KRonn

A pirate attack foiled by a US navy destroyer; pirate boat sunk while attacking a merchant ship. Second battle in 2 days for the US navy.

Click the link for the pic.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/04/02/photos-show-navy-warship-destroying-pirate-mother-ship/?hpt=T2

Navy: Photo shows warship destroying pirate mother skiff

New photos released Friday show what the U.S. Navy says is the aftermath of suspected pirates attacking a Sierra Leone-flagged tanker this week in the Somali Basin.

The confrontation between the MV Evita and two suspected pirate skiffs was disrupted by the U.S. Navy destroyer, USS Farragut, according to the U.S Navy. The suspected bandits' "mother skiff" was destroyed and sunk.

"The pirates have become bolder and are attacking ships further away from the Somali shores," said Rear Adm. Bernard Miranda of the Singapore navy.

The Evita fired flares and sped up to ward off the attackers, who were armed with rifles and rocket-propelled grenades.

Coalition forces were summoned by the International Maritime Bureau in Kuala Lumpur and the UK Maritime Trade Operations office in Dubai, who received a call of aid from the Evita.

The Evita was also assisted by a Swedish vessel, which located the suspected pirates' skiffs and witnessed them throwing equipment overboard.

Farragut coalition forces found 11 suspected pirates aboard the skiffs, along with fuel drums and grappling hooks.

Coalition forces released the suspected pirates after making sure they couldn't attack again.

[\quote]

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: citizen k on April 01, 2010, 07:08:25 PM
Quote from: Jaron on April 01, 2010, 06:52:50 PM
Also, most black people do not have fully developed brains due to a smaller cranium size.
You do realize phrases like that are searchable on Google and only make Languish look like a den of yokels.

The board is not indexed.

Neil

I'm reasonably certain that the US could built a small dreadnought battleship for a rather small sum.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on April 02, 2010, 07:48:59 PM
I'm reasonably certain that the US could built a small dreadnought battleship for a rather small sum.

We can't build anything small or cheap.

For the government anyhoo.

Agelastus

By reusing guns and armour, or do you include the cost of recreating whole industries in your estimate?
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Neil

Quote from: Agelastus on April 02, 2010, 08:16:56 PM
By reusing guns and armour, or do you include the cost of recreating whole industries in your estimate?
The industries must be recreated.  Rather than using an existing, priceless dreadnought's weapons and armour, America must once again learn to produce things of value.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: KRonn on April 02, 2010, 01:46:48 PM
Coalition forces released the suspected pirates after making sure they couldn't attack again.

:bleeding:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2010, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: Jaron on April 02, 2010, 01:51:44 PM
Sid Meier's Pirates expansion  :cool:

As long as they cut out that stupid dancing bit.

WTF. That was my favourite part!

The only bullshit was that governors never had sons.  :mad:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on April 03, 2010, 03:15:25 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 02, 2010, 03:35:43 PM
Quote from: Jaron on April 02, 2010, 01:51:44 PM
Sid Meier's Pirates expansion  :cool:

As long as they cut out that stupid dancing bit.

WTF. That was my favourite part!

The only bullshit was that governors never had sons.  :mad:
:bleeding:
The dancing was fun once in a while but the amount it came up...ugh
██████
██████
██████