News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 04, 2010, 09:24:20 PM
Can always msconfig it and turn off all mcafee crap, make sure you hit up services as well.

Yeah, I did the Msconfig services thingy.  Nothing.  I'm using vista so the whole damn thing is annoying.  I think the problem is something else though now.  I found that part of an old Mod was still on my PC and I deleted that.  I'm trying again now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

And that fixed it.  Stupid Vista, always hiding files from me. <_<
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2010, 11:18:49 PM

Don't install games in the Program Files folder.

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on April 05, 2010, 12:09:45 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2010, 11:18:49 PM

Don't install games in the Program Files folder.

I installed it through Steam.  I have no idea where the files go after that.  Into the fucking ether for all I know.  I found the bits of this mod in a file called "roaming" which was hidden in documents or something.

Razgovory

The battle AI is better.  Line infantry no longer form a large mob and charge at the center of your line which is nice.

Take a look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YVSXaPZKvQ&feature=related

Tamas

Apparently cities no longer display on my campaign map.  :huh:

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 05, 2010, 07:35:27 AM
I installed it through Steam.  I have no idea where the files go after that.  Into the fucking ether for all I know.  I found the bits of this mod in a file called "roaming" which was hidden in documents or something.

The sheer retardedness of Vista knows no bounds. I remember trying to track down some save games this one time... :lol:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Warspite

how much does this cost now? Is it worth a punt?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Razgovory

Quote from: Warspite on April 05, 2010, 04:56:28 PM
how much does this cost now? Is it worth a punt?

30 bucks on Steam.  I like hearing the Poles scream.

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2010, 04:09:19 PM
When ever I played they just huddled together in a big mass and walked at my center.  Then the guys in back would stop and shoot the guys in front just for good measure.
Were you by any chance fighting the Russians?

DGuller

Quote from: Agelastus on April 05, 2010, 03:25:15 PM

The sheer retardedness of Vista knows no bounds. I remember trying to track down some save games this one time... :lol:
It pissed me off at first, but now I see some sense in it.  The idea is that anything that you do in a program, be it change a setting or save a game, is kept in a separate folder for your user.  That makes back up and restoration much simpler.  All you have to do is restore the user files via Windows backup, reinstall the programs, and then open them up as if you've done nothing at all.  No need to do stuff like redo like the settings or something of that nature.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on April 05, 2010, 05:36:14 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2010, 04:09:19 PM
When ever I played they just huddled together in a big mass and walked at my center.  Then the guys in back would stop and shoot the guys in front just for good measure.
Were you by any chance fighting the Russians?

Sometimes.  Though I always thought that Russian aristocrats spoke French in this time period.

MadBurgerMaker

Steam installs are put into the Steam folder.  If it's in Program Files, then that's where your installs are. For example: C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\common\<game>.

<name>\AppData\Roaming is the same thing as Documents and Settings\<name>\Application Data in XP. Unhide it by going to control panel -> folder options -> view tab -> Show Hidden Files and Folders -> Apply. 

Edit:  Also, Steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data is where you put mod packs that don't have their own little installer like DMUC.  For future reference.