Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

pl0x is the new way to say please
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Oh I'll give it a spin I guess.  I never played the campaign.  Just battles.  I admit I got cheap thrills out of Killing thousands of Russians.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jaron on April 03, 2010, 06:02:15 PM
Start with Martinus

I'll have to check if there is a pike sucking unit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2010, 06:22:09 PM
Start with Martinus

There are lots of foot artillery.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 03, 2010, 07:40:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2010, 06:22:09 PM
Start with Martinus

There are lots of foot artillery.

:lol:

So far the patch has not upgraded the game experience greatly since crashes to desktop before it fully loads.  I'll try reinstalling.  Just for shits and grins I tried playing HOI3.  I forgot about that games most endearing quality.  The fact I can get a lot of reading done while the game starts up.  It take around 10 minutes to load.

Agelastus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2010, 07:40:31 AM
...Just for shits and grins I tried playing HOI3.  I forgot about that games most endearing quality.  The fact I can get a lot of reading done while the game starts up.  It take around 10 minutes to load.

God bless the internet! I always play HOI3 on my laptop in Windowed mode, so that I can browse the fora while I play...haven't tried that with 1.4 though, maybe they've speeded it up some more... :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

Nope reinstall doesn't help.  I don't know what the problem is.

Syt

So far the patch has not upgraded the game experience greatly since crashes to desktop before it fully loads.

Dunno about this one, but in past patches that was usually a sign of incompatible mods installed.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on April 04, 2010, 10:12:22 AM

So far the patch has not upgraded the game experience greatly since crashes to desktop before it fully loads.

Dunno about this one, but in past patches that was usually a sign of incompatible mods installed.

No mods.

Razgovory

I think the Virus protection may be the problem but I don't know how to turn off McAfee.

Alcibiades

You suck.  Seriously get a real computer.  For mcafee try right clicking the icon in the tray and shutting it down.  If that doesn't work go into the virus controls options via the mcafees control panel. 

For someone who purportedly lives in a basement and lives near a computer 24/7 you would think you would know a lot about them... :unsure:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

I tried all that.  What sort of real computer do you suggest I get?  I'm trying something else now.  I think I might have found the problem.  I have to wait for it reinstall first.

Alcibiades

Can always msconfig it and turn off all mcafee crap, make sure you hit up services as well.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain