News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on June 15, 2009, 04:20:40 PM
Finished the English Bible, converted Shrewsbury, York, Carlisle, Berwick.

England is now at 26 VP, Protestants at 42 spaces.

Why would you do that?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

There is not much chance of stopping England now.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2009, 06:00:37 PM
Quote from: ulmont on June 15, 2009, 04:20:40 PM
Finished the English Bible, converted Shrewsbury, York, Carlisle, Berwick.

England is now at 26 VP, Protestants at 42 spaces.

Why would you do that?

Most / best conversion attempts for the CP.  50-space auto-victory has been my only hope for several turns.

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2009, 06:00:54 PM
There is not much chance of stopping England now.

Unless you convert some spaces or one of either Antwerp or Calais falls to Treachery, sure.  Not exactly that difficult to do so long as France and the Habsburgs are willing to pour the CPs in.

As I said, I am helping in what way I can--I will knock the Protestants down a bit more and might be able to do the same to England.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Looks pretty difficult, but let's give it a try at least.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Hapsburgs: Play Card as Operations
#90: 5 / Printing Press

Message from Hapsburgs:
1/5 Move fleets.
2-5/5 Build 4 mercs in Brussels.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

England: Play Card as Event
#18: 2 / Dragut

Message from England:
Barbarossa departs this earth.

1/2 Naval Move - Move the Royal Navy to the Channel. Both Del and Tamas have intercept decisions.

Tamas

Well now with England past 25VPs, I expect the Pope to keep hold of Treachery and play it as soon as I lay siege to an English key.

Tamas

I need an about an hour before I can access CB, but how is interception handled? Del decides first and I can see his success/failure and if yes, will battle wait until I do my interception attempt(s)?

Delirium

Delirium

QuoteIf multiple enemy stacks are adjacent to the destination
space, one or more naval units (owning player's choice) from each
stack may attempt to intercept as a single stack. Each such attempt
is resolved separately and the owning player chooses the order of
those attempts. If multiple stacks from different enemy powers all
want to intercept, resolve the intercept attempts in Impulse Order.
Once one power succeeds, no other power may attempt an interception
(even if that other power is an ally of the intercepting power).

I read this as saying that Tamas can combine his five squadrons into a single interception attempt, but that French and Habsburg fleets cannot both intercept.

So a single roll for the entire French navy is what we want, and the Habsburg fleet will not intercept (since they cannot join a fight and won't fight alone against the Royal Navy)

ehrie can roll and go on if Tamas fails.

ehrie

What the heck does "Each such attempt is resolved seperatly and the owning player chooses the order of those attempts" mean then? I'm thinking the line you bolded means they can fight together, but must roll their intercepts seperatly.

Delirium

If the enemy has a small force you want to divide your forces as well to increase chances of someone finding.

Edit on your edit: I don't think that is what it says; "attempt to intercept as a single stack" to me is a single roll, if not the entire sentence is pointless.

Tamas

I am not sure. I am leaning toward Del's interpretation, because that is how it makes sense, but I am obviously biased. :P

We need a ruling on this, since it can decide the game.

Delirium

It's crystal clear to me, but sure, we can wait for other opinions.