News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

We are brain-surgeoning my HDD so dont expect any answers for at least a couple of hours

Tamas

France: Play Card as Operations
#46: 5 / Calvin's Institutes

Message from France:
2 squadrons in Marseille move to Brest

No file for this

Berkut

They cannot reach that far.

Lyon
Barbary
Gibraltar
Atlantic
Biscay
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Berkut

Actually Tamas, take abck that move for the moment.

I have Treachery. What is it worth to you to have me play it on Antwerp during my move if you go place it under siege right now?

I mean to suggest something like this after England finished their move, but then I forgot about it when I prodded you!

0 rows returned

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2009, 03:24:05 PM
Actually Tamas, take abck that move for the moment.

I have Treachery. What is it worth to you to have me play it on Antwerp during my move if you go place it under siege right now?

I mean to suggest something like this after England finished their move, but then I forgot about it when I prodded you!

Okay I am taking my move back until we negotiate this :P

I dont see why should I pay for it: if you dont play it, Ehrie probably wins. And I would be still far from winning, with my mainland exposed to the English. So I say I put antwerp under siege, and you play that card, both in the interest of giving both of us the chance to see next turn.

Berkut

Pfft, no chance. It is 5 CPs, a huge card, which would get me a treatise in England and a debate in the same. That would get me VPs and knock the English down a VP, maybe even two. From the standpoint of keeping him from winning, it is likely a wash.

Going to have to offer me something I am afraid, otherwise I will play it right now for a treatise and debate.

0 rows returned

Berkut

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think that there isn't much you can give me to make it worth playing in that manner. I think I will just hang onto it for now, and leave the threat hanging over his head. Hold onto a card large enough to besiege on of his keys till the end of the turn, and if we need to do so in order to keep him from winning, we can.

0 rows returned

Berkut

4 CP for a treatise in England and France.

Flipped 1 English and 2 French spaces.

0 rows returned

Tamas

Fine, just make him win. :P

My naval move stands then.

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on June 15, 2009, 04:07:49 PM
Fine, just make him win. :P

My naval move stands then.

Most of the time that England wins it is because France was too passive against them.

Perhaps, if in fact England wins, this won't be one of those times.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Finished the English Bible, converted Shrewsbury, York, Carlisle, Berwick.

England is now at 26 VP, Protestants at 42 spaces.

ehrie

My VPs are wrong. I should be at 27. 5 from Protty spaces + 13 from Keys + 5 from Edward + 4 from the New World = 27.

Habbaku

Suleiman takes Prague with little trouble and raises his navy back to a certain degree of strength.

Part 2 of my anti-Protestant campaign will take place next impulse, most likely, but I'm afraid there's little I can do against the English at the moment.  If the Habsburgs have the CPs for it, I can help them take Antwerp provided that the French do something to hold down the troops in Calais.

File's out--off to the Habsburgs.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 15, 2009, 05:36:19 PM
Part 2 of my anti-Protestant campaign will take place next impulse, most likely,

<_<