News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

I could have paid you real money to play that event. :bleeding:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on June 05, 2009, 08:31:50 AM
I think he can still be stopped. Unfortunately, I've been too busy wasting my cards on stupid plays, but I think it can be done, I want a turn 6 dammit.

I didn't mean to say it is too late, although that is in fact exactly what I said.

What I mean is that HiS is a game (and this, IMO, is one of the reasons it is such a great game) that demands a lot of foresight frmo the players - you cannot have the attitude that "Oh, player X only has Y VPs, so we can ignore them..." and expect to have a good shot at winning.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Played 2 CP card to CR in France, flipped Cajetan for an extra space.

Flipped Nantes, Tours, and Orleans.

Over to the heretic.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Sigh.  Olivetan/Cajetan debate is a slim Papal victory.  Berkut, what do you want to flip in France before I move on?

Berkut

0 rows returned

ehrie

Good job Pope Berkut. Keep up the good work in France.

ulmont

And the end result is +1 Protestant spaces for my impulse, or that is to say +0 for the action round.

Back to the Ottomans.

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on June 05, 2009, 09:31:52 AM
Good job Pope Berkut. Keep up the good work in France.

Hopefully the Holy Roman Emperor will be giving him something else to worry about.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 05, 2009, 09:52:49 AM
Hopefully the Holy Roman Emperor will be giving him something else to worry about.

:bleeding:  No doubt.  I actually had a better card to kick the Emperor with, but decided to go with the pointless French stuff instead.   :cry:

Berkut

My plan to leave Cajetan out as bait worked perfectly!

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 05, 2009, 10:12:50 AM
My plan to leave Cajetan out as bait worked perfectly!

I'm easy.   :Embarrass:

Habbaku

I played Zwingli Dons Armor for CPs, built some cavalry in Edirne, sent the cavalry in Edirne to attack Istanbul...and promptly lost rather annoyingly against the lone regular.

My last CP is used to besiege Vienna (assuming the mercenaries don't stand and fight).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Hell no, siege it is. Doing my turn now.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

I will attack Wittenberg, unsurprisingly. No cards. If ulmont replies within five minutes I can still resolve, if not he can do it, applying whatever cards he wants to use.

I play my home card to assault Wittenberg, then place a conquest underway marker. ulmont can resolve, then England can include the result in his file as he's up next.

Delirium

I resolved anyway since he replied through email. I lost two guys, he lost three so the city didn't fall unfortunately. England can remove the troops and place the conquest underway marker, have to rush out.