News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Succesfully evaded to Gulf of Lyon.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

I pass, but I sent out a file anyway with my evasion and some corrections, Charles is in Valladolid with two mercs and the guys in Tunis are back in Algiers.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ehrie

England: Play Card as Operations

#109: 1 / Venetian Informant

Message from England:
1 Merc to London. Hoping this goes another turn. Passing the rest of the turn unless Tamas causes trouble

Habbaku

Tamas is up to play or pass, then.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

France: Play Card as Operations
#53: 2 / Plantations

Message from France:
1 regular to Rouen

Habbaku

Berkut's up.  Presumably, he can place the regular in the file that he makes, since Tamas doesn't feel up to the arduous task.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Used Bull to CR in France and Germany, converted 4 spaces.

Protties are up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 26, 2009, 10:09:30 AM
Used Bull to CR in France and Germany, converted 4 spaces.

Protties are up.

Did you send out a file?

Habbaku

No, he didn't.  We're eschewing files from here on out.  Use your imagination.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on July 26, 2009, 12:12:36 PM
No, he didn't.  We're eschewing files from here on out.  Use your imagination.

Fair enough.  Protestant religious auto-victory.   :menace:

Ok, will attempt to apply all moves after the last file I got, which was apparently Del's.

ulmont

Converted 2 spaces in England and 2 in Germany.  File sent.

Habbaku

Ottomans play Auld Alliance for CPs, moving the fleet to North African Coast, then pirating the Habsburgs.

I got 1 hit.  File sent--off to Del to either give a VP or a card.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I gave you a card since you'll win otherwise. You'll probably win anyway, especially since you got the good card I had left.

I pass my round, so it's England now.

Delirium

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on July 27, 2009, 01:23:56 PM
I gave you a card since you'll win otherwise. You'll probably win anyway, especially since you got the good card I had left.

It's Habbaku or Berkut.  My money's on Berkut.