News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Calling players for another rousing game of Here I Stand.

ACTS + Cyberboard unless someone can convince me otherwise, with me sending a file around every impulse.  Positions will be assigned randomly; everyone can name one position they don't want (really, this should be the last position you had, but I'm damned if I can remember who had what last).

As soon as we get 6 players, the game is on.  I do own a physical copy of the game, if that makes any difference to any potentials.

Berkut

I am in.

I don't want to play the Protestants.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I will play, but I can't promise I won't cheat in Berkut's favor if Martinus is also playing.

I don't care who I play.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 09, 2009, 01:27:48 PM
I will play, but I can't promise I won't cheat in Berkut's favor if Martinus is also playing.

So it was all about hosing Marty?

Damn, I thought I was special!

0 rows returned

ulmont

Well, that looks like 4 out of 6 so far, assuming ehrie is still interested, so 2 more...Tamas? Viking? Delerium? Szmik? Bueller? Martinus?

Tamas

I am in, if ulmont indeed volunteers to take responsibility for file updating. I will play whatever I get. I will win.

ulmont

Quote from: Tamas on April 09, 2009, 02:28:13 PM
I am in, if ulmont indeed volunteers to take responsibility for file updating. I will play whatever I get. I will win.

Well, that's 5 out of 6, and I'll send around once per impulse anyway.

Habbaku

Why would Ulmont have to volunteer to keep the files updated?  Everyone should be sending their own updates via CB.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

It does seem like the most successful way of doing HiS PBEM these days is to use ACTS for the die rolling/communication, and CB for everything else.

Although we don't really need ACTS for commo either, since we have Languish.

0 rows returned

Delirium

I'm in! Any country will do.

Edit: would like Habsburg, though.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

Habbaku, this would be the "play cards and roll dice on ACTS, update a shared CB" model that has worked in the past, although feel free to keep up your own CB (a cross-check is always nice to have) as well.

Assuming ehrie is in, we're solid (and if ehrie is out, our replacement 6th can take whoever he rolls), so we have:

1-5 (Ottoman, England, France, Papacy, Protestant) for Ulmont:  5.  Goddamnit.  Here I Stand (and roll dice.  lots of dice.).
1-4 (Ottoman, England, France, Papacy) for Berkut:  4.  Take up your Papal Miter.
1-3 (Ottoman, England, France) for Habbaku:  1.  The Sultan rides.
1-2 (England, France) for Tamas:  2.  Tamas the French gypsy.
1-1 (England) for Ehrie: 1.  You can be:  Henry the 8th.
0-0 (Hapsburg) for Delerium.  Yay Chuck.

Ottoman:  Habbaku.
Hapsburgs: Delirium.
England: Ehrie.
France: Tamas.
Papacy: Berkut.
Protestant: Ulmont.

Habbaku, Tamas, Berkut, I have your ACTS information.  Ehrie, your account seems to be deleted, or I've forgotten your name one of the two.  Delirium, I never had your information.

Ehrie and Delirium:  send me your ACTS names via PM and this party can start.

ehrie

Damnit! Just missed the cut. Well count me in if someone drops, don't care who I play.

ehrie

Ohhh, you did save me a spot, nice! And I'm English, sweet.

Viking

damn.... thats what I get for playing ETW:DarthMod0.9 all of today...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Viking, you will probably have a spot when Berkut finds out he is the Papacy.   :P

-J. R. R. Tolkien