"Anime is a prime example that two nukes just wasn't enough"

Started by Ed Anger, March 28, 2010, 09:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

http://gawker.com/5503592/new-hampshire-pol-anime-proves-we-should-have-nuked-japan-harder

Yes, it is Gawker. But I'm lazy and won't look for a link somewhere else.

Quote"Anime is a prime example that two nukes just wasn't enough," NH State Rep. Nick Levasseur said on Facebook.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Agelastus

"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DisturbedPervert

Neil

Nah.  Even if you hate the way that anime has fallen into certain tropes lately, only a total faggot didn't enjoy things like Star Blazers, Robotech or G-Force, back in the day.  Don't blame the medium, blame the cosplayers.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Every here knows I love anime, but even I'll admit there's a lot of weird and fucked up shit out there so I can understand where he's coming. I was amused.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Universally hating all anime is just as dumb a viewpoint as universally loving all anime.
██████
██████
██████

Agelastus

Quote from: Tyr on March 28, 2010, 10:26:08 AM
Universally hating all anime is just as dumb a viewpoint as universally loving all anime.

:yes:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 28, 2010, 09:24:56 AM
http://gawker.com/5503592/new-hampshire-pol-anime-proves-we-should-have-nuked-japan-harder

Yes, it is Gawker. But I'm lazy and won't look for a link somewhere else.

Quote"Anime is a prime example that two nukes just wasn't enough," NH State Rep. Nick Levasseur said on Facebook.

This is what's wrong with America.  We want politicians who tell the truth and when they do people get mad at them!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Well, I grew up watching Captain Future (of course in the early 80s no one used the term "anime"), loving the sci-fi theme and design (now I know it's based off the stories of Edmond Hamilton). I don't watch much anime these days, though I found Elfen Lied both well written and emotionally a bit devastating. Most depressing story I've seen in a while.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Nah. Some people just don't like the aesthetic.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 28, 2010, 12:11:28 PM

Nah. Some people just don't like the aesthetic.

Also some people don't enjoy movies about androgynous teenage boys and school girls.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.