Ruse - PC WW2 strategy/tactics FREE, public beta

Started by Alcibiades, March 27, 2010, 12:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Only sharing this because I am so utterly addicted, and it's free right now, in Beta.

If you have steam it's one of the games you can try, and download or what ever. 

http://ruse.us.ubi.com/

Not sure if you can use it without steam, but I'm loving it, can't put it down.  Single player is lacking, only like 1 map, but multi-player is where the fun is at.

Back to the game :mmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Cecil

The Brain

Ubisoft in the head if you play their games. Since I won't buy any of their games risking getting addicted sounds dangerous.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Alcibiades

Any way it's pretty good.  And I'm not buying it, just playing it while it's free.  Get it out of my system now.  :)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

szmik

It's just typical RTS - grab resources, mass, rush and done.  No fun for me.  And I'm still enjoying Dark Crusade, best mp RTS ever imo.

Still RUSE is better than C&C4 though.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Caliga

:yes: I am boycotting Ubisoft until they abandon their draconian DRM practices.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

You guys are nuts.  And the 'ruses' are what break it from the normal 'build and rush' crap.

crazy canuck

I tried it.  I like it.  I can see you this could get addicting.

szmik

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 27, 2010, 12:21:26 PM
You guys are nuts.  And the 'ruses' are what break it from the normal 'build and rush' crap.

Well, 'ruses' are nice feature, but nothing really breaking from the usual crappy clickfest. I like money making though. Limited resources make it rather quick game.
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Lettow77

'Dark Crusade' the best RTS ever made?

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, just so we're clear?

Absurd.  I had fun on it, but to insinuate its better than Starcraft, or even Warcraft 3..
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

szmik

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 27, 2010, 07:19:24 PM
'Dark Crusade' the best RTS ever made?

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade, just so we're clear?

Absurd.  I had fun on it, but to insinuate its better than Starcraft, or even Warcraft 3..

It is. In MP. For me.  :showoff: Single player campaign in Starcraft is unbeaten so far though.

And you know what an opinion is, don't you?  :hug:

DisturbedPervert

Warcraft 2 is the greatest online rts of all time.  Mainly because that was the last time I could rape everyone.  Too many people are good now.

I'll give this a try though

Grey Fox

You are all wrong, DP less so tho. Age of Empires 2 : Age of King is the greatest RTS ever made.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 28, 2010, 10:27:11 AM
You are all wrong, DP less so tho. Age of Empires 2 : Age of King is the greatest RTS ever made.

That is absolutely correct.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.