News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Allawi's Party Wins in Iraq

Started by Admiral Yi, March 26, 2010, 05:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: The Brain on March 27, 2010, 07:43:15 AM
It was that documentary that taught me about America.

:yes:

Al Bundy was the last of the Great American Heroes. :weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Fate

Martim Silva

Maliki is refusing to concede, and has started to arrest the winning candidates of Allawis' bloc.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/27/v-print/1132873/malikis-forces-detain-investigate.html

Maliki's forces move against winning Sunni candidates

BAGHDAD — At least four Sunni Muslim candidates who appear to have won parliamentary seats on the winning ticket of secular leader Ayad Allawi have become targets of investigation by security forces reporting to the narrowly defeated Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki, according to interviews Saturday with relatives, Iraqi security forces and the U.S. military.

I see proper Democracy has been put in place in Iraq. Thank you USA.

Fate

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on March 26, 2010, 07:51:38 PM
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

I want a victory parade darnit!

General Odierno will ride a golden chariot in a purple toga followed by chained prisoners and carts full of oil barrels.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 29, 2010, 07:27:37 AM
Maliki is refusing to concede, and has started to arrest the winning candidates of Allawis' bloc.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/27/v-print/1132873/malikis-forces-detain-investigate.html

BAGHDAD — At least four Sunni Muslim candidates who appear to have won parliamentary seats on the winning ticket of secular leader Ayad Allawi have become targets of investigation by security forces reporting to the narrowly defeated Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki, according to interviews Saturday with relatives, Iraqi security forces and the U.S. military.

You can only coach children so much.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

citizen k

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2010, 10:04:48 PM
Quote from: Martim Silva on March 29, 2010, 07:27:37 AM

You can only coach children so much.

I think we could benefit from arresting some of our elected members of Congress.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help