Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are both available for pre-order

Started by MadImmortalMan, March 25, 2010, 01:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

So when are the release dates? Murmurs for SC2 are 3rd quarter 2010. That's a hell of a long way off for pre-orders to already be available, IMO. I don't get it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Once again raises the question of why would people pre-order in an era of digital download.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 25, 2010, 02:10:59 PM
Once again raises the question of why would people pre-order in an era of digital download.

Achievements? "Pretard"
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lucidor

Josquius

I thought there already was a Diablo 3.
Meh, I hated the first one anyway.
Starcraft is so-so.

QuoteOnce again raises the question of why would people pre-order in an era of digital download.
Isn't it usually cheaper?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Pre-orders are not usually cheaper, but they often include some gizmo of dubious utility.  Dragon Age and Mass Effect 2 are the only games I pre-ordered, and the only ones where I have seen it was really worth the risks.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Btw, Gamespot lists the release for Q2 2010.  Checking various pages, I can only see EBGames offering the pre-order... not sure I trust them...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Seen

Why in starcraft 2 I still have too see what my units are doing from 10 feet away? I appreciate that I can select more than what, 12 units at time? But I would still like a freaking battlefield view. :(

Fate

I think SC2 will be delayed until January-February based on what I've seen from the beta. All of the basics are complete, it just needs a *lot* of play test and balancing. Right now you can only do 1s and 2s. They haven't even opened the box on 3s and 4s for testing.

DisturbedPervert

Unless they decide to give beta access for preorders not gonna bother

DisturbedPervert

Fate

A pre order at this point will be money well spent if you're into competitive player v player. They just released the custom map editor, so I'd expect the first generation of user created content to be out soon.