What's the yi rule? Half your age plus seven?

Started by Martinus, March 24, 2010, 05:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Quote from: Brazen on March 24, 2010, 08:33:49 AM
And no, not too old, but it wouldn't last as people in their 30s get frustrated by the lack of life experience, informed opinion and common sense in the 20-somethings.

That only applies to women. Men would be happy not to have to deal with the informed opinions of a closed minded woman filled with life experience while lack of common sense in a younger woman would be quaint and endearing.

Older women are so much more needy.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Martim Silva

Quote from: Brazen
And that rule was devised for pervs like you  :contract:

I always preferred women in their early 30s. I found them to be the perfect mix between looks and experience.

That meant I preferred older women when I was young, though now early 30s means younger women for me.

Quote from: strix
Older women are so much more needy.

It depends. In my experience, they're all needy. Though I know some women who definitey aren't.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

I though the Yi rule was from the History Trivia thread?

How many rules has he made?

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Alcibiades

Yeah there are a lot of rules, but I don't think Yi made this one up.... it's everywhere.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Syt

Just as we're all Yi, all rules are Yi rules.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2010, 09:11:47 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on March 24, 2010, 08:28:07 AM
I'm actually curious the other way; what's the oldest people would date?

At 23, is 30 too old?

It really depends. From my experience, young gays can be divided into two groups - ones that wouldn't touch anyone older than 25 y.o. with a 10-foot pole (or a 12 inch pole, as a case may be), and ones that only go for men who are 30+.

Where's the intersection between dating and simply fucking?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on March 24, 2010, 12:24:19 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2010, 09:11:47 AM

At 23, is 30 too old?

It really depends. From my experience, young gays can be divided into two groups - ones that wouldn't touch anyone older than 25 y.o. with a 10-foot pole (or a 12 inch pole, as a case may be), and ones that only go for men who are 30+.

Where's the intersection between dating and simply fucking?

Marriage?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

At 23, is 30 too old?
Are they hot?
I went out with a girl who was 28 when I was 21.
Hey. She was good looking and willing and she probally thought I was older.
But for something serious though...yeah, no way. I remember once somehow she mentioned having kids to which I said 'sure, far far off future' and...yes, it was a bit of a argument.
I'd only go a year or two above for something serious.
Younger...Generally I say no one younger than my sister but though 3 years difference is an eternity to kids its nothing to adults so that will change soon.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Is this about the Yi rule or about age differences?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

The heart knows no rules.

The one exception to that is that being gay is always tragically wrong.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!