What's the yi rule? Half your age plus seven?

Started by Martinus, March 24, 2010, 05:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Oexmelin

You can't date someone from your own past history.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Razgovory

Quote from: Oexmelin on March 24, 2010, 05:55:37 AM
You can't date someone from your own past history.

You must go to an alternate history and date Confederate Hitler or something.  It's not a very good rule.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Ok. Does the rule apply to actual age (i.e. one calculate taking into account both the year AND the day/month of birth) or the age calculate based on year of birth only?

Hypothetical scenario. A person born on 30 November 1977 dates a person born on 24 March 1987. Depending on the method of calculating, the person born on 30 November 1977 is either 32 (in which case the rule is observed) or 33 (in which case the rule is violated).

Grey Fox

Don't worry Marti, that rule doesn't apply to gays.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alexandru H.

Don't use the yi rule... it's specifically against pedophiles.

Brazen

Quote from: Martinus on March 24, 2010, 05:45:15 AM
Just checking.
The accurate answer is, "If you feel the need to ask, he's too young."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Alexandru H. on March 24, 2010, 07:02:42 AM
Don't use the yi rule... it's specifically against pedophiles.
No it's not.  It's a dirty old man rule.

Faeelin

I'm actually curious the other way; what's the oldest people would date?

At 23, is 30 too old?

Brazen

Quote from: Faeelin on March 24, 2010, 08:28:07 AM

At 23, is 30 too old?
The oldest I'd go for would be six years younger than me. Well, you asked. :P

And no, not too old, but it wouldn't last as people in their 30s get frustrated by the lack of life experience, informed opinion and common sense in the 20-somethings.

Martim Silva

I use 10 years of difference (both up and down).

Though after an experience some 4 years ago, I know that 15-16 year old girls are incredible.

It's just not fair to compare women my age with girls that young. I'm trying my best to shut down the feelings from that time.

Martinus

Quote from: Faeelin on March 24, 2010, 08:28:07 AM

At 23, is 30 too old?

It really depends. From my experience, young gays can be divided into two groups - ones that wouldn't touch anyone older than 25 y.o. with a 10-foot pole (or a 12 inch pole, as a case may be), and ones that only go for men who are 30+.

Brazen

Quote from: Martim Silva on March 24, 2010, 08:56:26 AM
I use 10 years of difference (both up and down).

Though after an experience some 4 years ago, I know that 15-16 year old girls are incredible.

It's just not fair to compare women my age with girls that young. I'm trying my best to shut down the feelings from that time.
And that rule was devised for pervs like you  :contract:

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"