News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Latest credit card scam

Started by Monoriu, March 23, 2010, 08:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

That's one reason to go old school and pay cash. It's better to be out a few dollars cash, than your CC limit.
:p

crazy canuck

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on March 24, 2010, 12:14:19 PM
That's one reason to go old school and pay cash. It's better to be out a few dollars cash, than your CC limit.

If you lose your cash its gone.  If someone fraudulently uses your credit card its not your problem.

Richard Hakluyt

There's the bureaucracy of phoning the credit card company and obtaining a replacement card, losing a smallish amount of cash is probably preferable.

Josquius

This is the latest?
They did this on the first series of the Real Hustle I'm sure.
Its just a variation of the REALLY old one of dressing as a valet and having someone hand their car to you.

I always pay cash anyway. I just don't 'get' paying by card so much I guess. I can't explain it at all.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

For the record, I just got back the 1000 euro they stole from my card online in January.

Jaron

Martinus, would Poland be willing to share its technology with the US ?

Restaurants in the US focus on service, as they should. I need to see a bill on my table before any card changes hands. If I don't, their tip is gone.

I'm brutal.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

I don't really see the need for mobile units.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

I read the bill before handing over the car.  Drove S nuts on Sunday, because I thought something was incorrect and insisted on pulling out the calculator and double-checking. :P
Experience bij!

Iormlund

Monoriu

Quote from: Brazen on March 24, 2010, 11:20:23 AM
Mono's English grammar has suddenly got so bad I'm worried he's been replaced  :(

I suck  :blush:

Valdemar

Quote from: garbon on March 24, 2010, 02:32:05 PM
I don't really see the need for mobile units.

That became widely used A for the convenience of the customer, B so you do not have to let your card out of sight and C most important, because there was a rash of cards being swiped/copied in the back room when you paid, only to be cloned unto a new card weeks later and then abused.

V

Brazen

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Valdemar on March 25, 2010, 02:57:22 AM
That became widely used A for the convenience of the customer, B so you do not have to let your card out of sight and C most important, because there was a rash of cards being swiped/copied in the back room when you paid, only to be cloned unto a new card weeks later and then abused.

V

Perhaps America needs to bring civilization to Europe.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.