Guam might tip over due to overpopulation, says Dem Congressman

Started by derspiess, April 01, 2010, 09:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2010, 09:08:15 AM
Well, then he shouldn't be part of those procedures and be somewhere safe where he can't embarrass himself.

:contract:

Anyway, I emailed the Congressman to let him know Guam's size is 209 square miles.  Just in case the admiral didn't get back to him on that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

KRonn

Quote from: Syt on April 02, 2010, 09:08:15 AM
Well, then he shouldn't be part of those procedures and be somewhere safe where he can't embarrass himself.
But... he is somewhere safe, where embarrassment is the norm, where zany stuff is to be expected... he's in Congress!     :D

garbon

Quote from: JonasSalk on April 01, 2010, 11:04:56 PM
This guy replaced the woman in my avatar, scourge of Georgia, Cynthia McKinney.  Unfortunately District 4 contains most of DeKalb County, which is a magical land of insanity which regularly sends off one of its best to congress.

Yes we know who she is.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: DGuller on April 02, 2010, 08:29:12 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2010, 08:19:50 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 02, 2010, 08:10:53 AM
That's not retarded, just naive.
Why wouldn't that work?
The additional power needed to push the prop through the air would be more than the power received from that propeller rotating.  That's my somewhat educated guess anyway, but I'd be surprised if I were wrong about that.

Aren't you always surprised to be wrong?

DGuller

Quote from: sbr on April 03, 2010, 12:45:31 AM
Aren't you always surprised to be wrong?
No?  Surprise at being wrong is directly proportional to your original confidence in your answer.  Only a fool is supremely confident about everything he says.