And we're back!

Main Menu

Encounters of the Third Kind

Started by Alexandru H., March 19, 2010, 06:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2010, 04:58:44 AM
What, you didn't get one?

I got one of the green ones with the picture of the Mahdi in it. Their "battle banners" are either green or black, with some chicken scratch in it saying something about the Mahdi coming soon, and how he is going to lead the faithful to conquer the infidels, with a drawing of the face of the mahdi.

You need to raid a few JAM houses to get one. While you conduct SSE (sensitive site exploitation), if you see more than one, put one in your cargo pocket.

Seigey, I don't intend to be mean or insulting, but isn't that, you know, stealing?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

citizen k

Quote from: Barrister on March 23, 2010, 05:40:08 PM
Quote from: Siege on March 23, 2010, 04:58:44 AM
What, you didn't get one?

I got one of the green ones with the picture of the Mahdi in it. Their "battle banners" are either green or black, with some chicken scratch in it saying something about the Mahdi coming soon, and how he is going to lead the faithful to conquer the infidels, with a drawing of the face of the mahdi.

You need to raid a few JAM houses to get one. While you conduct SSE (sensitive site exploitation), if you see more than one, put one in your cargo pocket.

Seigey, I don't intend to be mean or insulting, but isn't that, you know, stealing?

War trophies are fair game, mister nitpicky lawyer.  :ultra:

The Minsky Moment

Roxolani is just a word Greeks used to refer to some steppe nomads.  One might as well talk about being descended from Trojans.

That whole post was just unvarnished Lettowism with an eastern European tinge.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

citizen k

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 23, 2010, 06:01:38 PM
Roxolani is just a word Greeks used to refer to some steppe nomads.  One might as well talk about being descended from Trojans.

Trojans that broke.  ;)

Ed Anger

What is 'mew' in gypsy?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on March 23, 2010, 05:39:45 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 23, 2010, 05:20:51 PM
---

Also, aren't the Roxolani the teddy bear musketeers that invaded the Earth in that Turtledove short story?

I thought you'd played Total War?  :huh: The Roxolani even show up in some of the mods. They're a Sarmatian people who occupied the lands to the east of Roman Dacia after Trajan crushed Decebalus.

Or was that a jest on your part? :)

I'd forgotten about them.

I only played Total War: Empire

And I was right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_%28short_story%29
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 23, 2010, 06:58:35 PM
---

Also, aren't the Roxolani the teddy bear musketeers that invaded the Earth in that Turtledove short story?

I thought you'd played Total War?  :huh: The Roxolani even show up in some of the mods. They're a Sarmatian people who occupied the lands to the east of Roman Dacia after Trajan crushed Decebalus.

And I was right.

I knew that! As Captain Carrot says in one of the Discworld books, "there's only so many syllables in the world". :D
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Alexandru H.

The Roxolani fought against Trajan. They, together with the Carpians, are the true ancestors of the people around here.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on March 23, 2010, 07:01:51 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 23, 2010, 06:58:35 PM
---

And I was right.

I knew that! As Captain Carrot says in one of the Discworld books, "there's only so many syllables in the world". :D
I figured that since Turtledove has degree in Byzatine history or some such he purposely picked that name.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2010, 06:32:01 AM
It's my special power.  :cool:

Sorry for digging this back up, but I absolutely can't resist:

Mart.  Putting the "SUPER!" in "superpower."
Experience bij!

sbr

Quote from: Alexandru H. on March 23, 2010, 07:23:21 PM
The Roxolani fought against Trajan. They, together with the Carpians, are the true ancestors of the people around here.

Can you not have a .gif as an avatar?

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 23, 2010, 06:06:27 PM

What is 'mew' in gypsy?

Great avatar! :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alexandru H.

Quote from: sbr on March 23, 2010, 10:51:43 PM
Quote from: Alexandru H. on March 23, 2010, 07:23:21 PM

Can you not have a .gif as an avatar?

Too big  <_< Damn Languish!

In other news, a new link about Chatroulette...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1931005

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 23, 2010, 11:42:07 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 23, 2010, 06:06:27 PM

What is 'mew' in gypsy?

Great avatar! :lol:

It's obviously his wife's vagina.