News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gays responsible for Srebrenica massacre

Started by viper37, March 18, 2010, 05:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

This is also a perfect example of how Marti hysteria works.  Marti reads a post by someone, and posts a fairly reasonable response.  He gets no reply, because it is the middle of the night where the other poster lives, and that poster is asleep (in a one-poster bed, as it were).  Marti then creates a more strongly worded post, with more detail, more specifically challenging the original post.  No response.  He then calls the person a homophobe, all before the other poster even wakes up!  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

And Marti, the way to deal with the Yi Method is to use it.  Make no statements, just ask questions.  Above all, make sure that you respond to every Yi question with a question, not an answer (because answering a Yi question simply invites more questions, and the debate becomes entirely one-sided).  Only answer one Yi question for each of your questions he answers.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

You're right and I am wrong Marty.  I thought Sheehan had said "they said it was a problem," but I reread it and he said "they said it was part of the problem."

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on March 25, 2010, 06:32:32 AM
And Marti, the way to deal with the Yi Method is to use it.  Make no statements, just ask questions.  Above all, make sure that you respond to every Yi question with a question, not an answer (because answering a Yi question simply invites more questions, and the debate becomes entirely one-sided).  Only answer one Yi question for each of your questions he answers.
That's not the Martinus method.  The Martinus method is to scream, as shrilly and incestantly as possible, until the other party gives up in digust.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: grumbler on March 25, 2010, 06:28:27 AM
This is also a perfect example of how Marti hysteria works.  Marti reads a post by someone, and posts a fairly reasonable response.  He gets no reply, because it is the middle of the night where the other poster lives, and that poster is asleep (in a one-poster bed, as it were).  Marti then creates a more strongly worded post, with more detail, more specifically challenging the original post.  No response.  He then calls the person a homophobe, all before the other poster even wakes up!  :lol:

I know.  :blush:

I'm on a self-feeding loop of rage. :P

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2010, 06:53:12 AM
You're right and I am wrong Marty.  I thought Sheehan had said "they said it was a problem," but I reread it and he said "they said it was part of the problem."

Ok. :)

Martinus

Sheehan Sorry for Antigay Remarks to Dutch
By Julie Bolcer

Retired Marine Genereal John Sheehan has apologized to Dutch military officials for saying that the presence of gay soldiers in their ranks prevented them from stopping the Serbian genocide against Bosnian Muslims in Srebrenica.

According to Agence France-Presse, the Dutch defense ministry said Tuesday that former NATO commander Sheehan "wrote a letter of apology" dated Monday.

"In it, Sheehan said he was 'sorry' for remarks made at a Senate hearing earlier this month where he argued against plans by President Barack Obama to end a ban on allowing gays to serve openly in the US military."

"To be clear," wrote Sheehan to former chief of staff of the Dutch army General Henk van den Breemen, "the failure on the ground in Srebrenica was in no way the fault of the individual soldiers."

As a result of the letter, the gay rights group Pink Army said it would drop its threat to sue Sheehan.

This must be the most backhanded apology ever.  :lol:

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on March 31, 2010, 06:37:08 AM

This must be the most backhanded apology ever.  :lol:

I must say I find it more insulting to get a fake apology than if the man had stood by his sentiment/assessment.  Everybody apologizes far too easily for everything these days.  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Martinus

My favourite are conditional "if-anyone-was-offended" apologies.