Missing woman's body swept under bed of Memphis hotel for 2 months

Started by Syt, March 18, 2010, 11:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Sony Millbrook: Missing Woman Found Rotting Under Motel Bed

QuoteMEMPHIS, Tenn. (CBS/WREG) The body of missing woman Sony Millbrook has been found under a motel bed. Her body had been hidden inside a metal frame for several months.

On Jan. 27, Millbrook was reported missing to the Memphis Police Department after she failed to pick up her children from school.

Police were told by family members that Millbrook had been staying at the Budget Inn motel. Motel employees said the room had been locked with all of Millbrook's personal belongings still inside due to lack of payment.

Investigators were called to the motel room Monday due to a foul odor.

Police told CBS affiliate WREG that the room had been rented approximately five times and cleaned by the hotel staff numerous times since her disappearance.

Millbrook's boyfriend, LaKeith Moody, was questioned and remains a person of interest in this case. Moody was charged with an unrelated gun violation and is currently being held on a federal gun charge.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

MadImmortalMan

QuoteBudget Inn motel

Classy

Police told CBS affiliate WREG that the room had been rented approximately five times and cleaned by the hotel staff numerous times since her disappearance.

Very thorough maids there. Also, classy renting a room with a corpse in it to unsuspecting crack addicts.

QuoteLaKeith

This story is just crawling with class.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Darth Wagtaros

How very macabre.  Some people would probably have paid extra for the mouldering corpse though.  The big loser here is teh budget inn.
PDH!

Brazen

PRC

Housekeeping is probably the most important job in the hotel business, the need to maintain high quality is paramount to a businesses success especially now with sites like Tripadvisor.  It's funny that with housekeeping being so important the only people you can get to take that job are the bottom feeders.

Syt

Quote from: PRC on March 18, 2010, 01:18:33 PM
Housekeeping is probably the most important job in the hotel business, the need to maintain high quality is paramount to a businesses success especially now with sites like Tripadvisor.  It's funny that with housekeeping being so important the only people you can get to take that job are the bottom feeders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UFS8ZyFAjw
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Quote from: PRC on March 18, 2010, 01:18:33 PM
While it might be important, if the pay is no good, all you'll get is immigrants.  Especially since white people don't like being domestics.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

I frequently come across ads where white people ask to be maids for strangers FOR FREE.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on March 18, 2010, 02:34:38 PM
I frequently come across ads where white people ask to be maids for strangers FOR FREE.

Did the ads mention whether they did windows?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2010, 02:41:37 PM

Several mention "anything" so I guess yeah.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on March 18, 2010, 02:42:29 PM

Reminds me of the old joke about a fellow who gets propositioned by a street hooker: "I'll do anything you want, all night, for fifty bucks".

He invites her over to his house, takes her into his bedroom, and says "please paint my house. If you start here in the bedroom, you can be finished by dawn ... oh, here's some paint and rollers  :) ".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

I almost posted this yesterday, but I knew you would so I didn't.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: Malthus on March 18, 2010, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 18, 2010, 02:42:29 PM

Reminds me of the old joke about a fellow who gets propositioned by a street hooker: "I'll do anything you want, all night, for fifty bucks".

He invites her over to his house, takes her into his bedroom, and says "please paint my house. If you start here in the bedroom, you can be finished by dawn ... oh, here's some paint and rollers  :) ".

:D