Pride and Prejudice...and Zombies. Fanfic becomes serious?

Started by The Larch, April 08, 2009, 06:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7985728.stm

It's a real upcoming book...and movie. Fanfiction becomes legitimate? Sav, time to roll up your sleeves.  :P

From the editors:

QuoteQuirk Books editor Jason Rekulak developed the idea for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies after comparing a list of "popular fanboy characters like ninjas, pirates, zombies and monkeys" with a list of public domain book titles.

I look forward to War and Peace. With pirates. And sharks with friggin' laser beams on their heads.

grumbler

Word to the wise:  always search to see if your topic has already been done before you post "breaking news."

Nothing worse for your image as "in the know" than starting a "hey guys, look at this cool new thing" thread when there is already a lengthy one on the topic on page 2.  :hug:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: grumbler on April 08, 2009, 06:43:24 AM
Word to the wise:  always search to see if your topic has already been done before you post "breaking news."

Nothing worse for your image as "in the know" than starting a "hey guys, look at this cool new thing" thread when there is already a lengthy one on the topic on page 2.  :hug:

And which would be that thread? Seriously, I haven't seen anything remotely similar, unless the title is highly cryptic. Should I check my glasses?

Alatriste

Quote from: grumbler on April 08, 2009, 06:43:24 AM

You tell me!  :P

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on April 08, 2009, 06:53:22 AM
And which would be that thread? Seriously, I haven't seen anything remotely similar, unless the title is highly cryptic. Should I check my glasses?

The thread was deceptively named Pride and Prejudice and Zombies:P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

It's lame to expect everyone on Languish to be familiar with every single thread that's been posted in the recent past.  -_-
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Phillip V

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 07:41:26 AM
It's lame to expect everyone on Languish to be familiar with every single thread that's been posted in the recent past.  -_-
This book has been reviewed and in development for a while. All the more reason to have utilized the search function.

Ed Anger

I for one, won't use the search function. If people don't like it, they can shove it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 08, 2009, 08:18:26 AM

I for one, won't use the search function. If people don't like it, they can shove it.

We don't expect old people like you learning advanced features like "search", cropping quotes or linking images, anyways. We just silently roll our eyes, nod smilingly and move on.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on April 08, 2009, 08:25:31 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 08, 2009, 08:18:26 AM

We don't expect old people like you learning advanced features like "search", cropping quotes or linking images, anyways. We just silently roll our eyes, nod smilingly and move on.

I still haven't figured out how to to the URL's here.   :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on April 08, 2009, 07:34:51 AM
Quote from: The Larch on April 08, 2009, 06:53:22 AM

The thread was deceptively named Pride and Prejudice and Zombies:P

All the way down to page 9, I see. Breaking news!  :P

Grey Fox

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 08, 2009, 08:28:24 AM
I still haven't figured out how to to the URL's here.   :P

Click the icon that looks like earth & a piece of paper that says "Insert Hyperlink".

We really should rename/reicon that thing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on April 08, 2009, 08:52:14 AM
All the way down to page 9, I see. Breaking news!  :P
Only wimps and gimps use the default topics per page.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Larch on April 08, 2009, 06:38:01 AM
Quote"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7985728.stm

It's a real upcoming book...and movie. Fanfiction becomes legitimate? Sav, time to roll up your sleeves.  :P

From the editors:

QuoteQuirk Books editor Jason Rekulak developed the idea for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies after comparing a list of "popular fanboy characters like ninjas, pirates, zombies and monkeys" with a list of public domain book titles.

I look forward to War and Peace. With pirates. And sharks with friggin' laser beams on their heads.
I've read it, it's quite amusing.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point