News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

All black people leave the store now

Started by garbon, March 17, 2010, 11:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100317/ap_on_bi_ge/us_wal_mart_racial_comment

QuoteWal-Mart Stores Inc. officials are reviewing security tapes to try to determine who used a southern New Jersey store's public-address system to tell "all black people" to leave.

Shortly before 7 p.m. Sunday at the Washington Township store, a male voice calmly announced: "Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now."

Witnesses say customers and store employees looked stunned. Management later apologized.

Company spokeswoman Ashley Hardie says the incident was "unacceptable." The retailer is looking to prevent it from happening in the future.

Washington Township police and the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office also are investigating.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Walmart was just exercizing its state rights.

BuddhaRhubarb

:p

dps

Probably just some jerk who thought that he was being funny when he was just being an asshole.

Hm.  Sounds like a languishite to me.  Who here is from Jersey?  Don't Say Banana and who else?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: dps on March 17, 2010, 12:03:54 PM
Probably just some jerk who thought that he was being funny when he was just being an asshole.

Hm.  Sounds like a languishite to me.  Who here is from Jersey?  Don't Say Banana and who else?
KainShinra.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on March 17, 2010, 11:46:29 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100317/ap_on_bi_ge/us_wal_mart_racial_comment
QuoteWashington Township police and the Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office also are investigating.
:huh:  Let me guess:  elected prosecutors in this jurisdiction.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jaron

:huh: Why do you make a fuss about this? This is something that must not go unpunished, not "kids having fun" as you seem to be arguing for.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on March 17, 2010, 03:59:14 PM
:huh: Why do you make a fuss about this? This is something that must not go unpunished, not "kids having fun" as you seem to be arguing for.
:huh:  Why do you insist, as you seem to be, that Big Brother has to get involved every time someone does something stupid?  Beware of what you tolerate from your government, because if stupidity becomes a focus of government action, you will get the death sentence*

*followed by commutation to life** because of some "justice project"'s investigations

** followed by release on parole*** because California cannot afford to keep people in prison

*** followed by unsupervised parole because parole officers are too stupid and inefficient to keep up with their case loads, "Berkut Meter" or not.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jaron

I hardly think the local government counts as "Big Brother". You make it sound like the CIA put everyone who was in the Walmart under wiretapping.

Obviously an act like this would enrage the community black or white and as such, as the government exists to serve the people, it is their duty to investigate and punish whoever was responsible for this act.

And your little insults don't work on me, old man. You aren't that clever and my skin is pretty thick.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on March 17, 2010, 04:36:31 PM
I hardly think the local government counts as "Big Brother". You make it sound like the CIA put everyone who was in the Walmart under wiretapping.
Strawman much?

QuoteObviously an act like this would enrage the community black or white and as such, as the government exists to serve the people, it is their duty to investigate and punish whoever was responsible for this act.
I don't care about "enrage the community" crap. The people can handle a lot more than the community can, and what needs to happen is for someone to lose their job.  Their is no law against stupidity (for which, as I said, you should be grateful - if there were, your life would be so completely unchanged that you would not recognize it).

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on March 17, 2010, 04:49:44 PM
(for which, as I said, you should be grateful - if there were, your life would be so completely unchanged that you would not recognize it).

You are wrong about this bit.

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on March 17, 2010, 04:49:44 PM
I don't care about "enrage the community" crap. The people can handle a lot more than the community can, and what needs to happen is for someone to lose their job.  Their is no law against stupidity (for which, as I said, you should be grateful - if there were, your life would be so completely unchanged that you would not recognize it).
Me no get that insult.  :huh:

Maximus

I think it was excellent. I plan to plagiarize it.

sbr

Quote from: Jaron on March 17, 2010, 04:36:31 PM
Obviously an act like this would enrage the community black or white and as such, as the government exists to serve the people, it is their duty to investigate and punish whoever was responsible for this act.

But what law could have possibly been broken for the county prosecutor's office to be involved?