And we're back!

Main Menu

All black people leave the store now

Started by garbon, March 17, 2010, 11:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 18, 2010, 01:28:02 AM
Did the black people leave the store?

And so was born the plot to hijack the Tennessee state emergency signal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 18, 2010, 01:28:02 AM
Did the black people leave the store?
Turnersville, New Jersey, so.... there were probably no black people in the store to begin with  :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

LOL I saw news coverage of it. It's amazing how this prank gets blown out of proportion.  :lol:

PDH

Quote from: Martinus on March 20, 2010, 02:35:02 AM
LOL I saw news coverage of it. It's amazing how this prank gets blown out of proportion.  :lol:
If they had said "All gay people" you would have been frothing at the mouth, you racist piece of shit.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

QuoteArrest Made in N.J. Walmart 'All Black People' Case
AP
A 16-year-old boy arrested in the case of a racial comment made over the public-address system at a Walmart store in southern New Jersey.

Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy in the case of a racial comment that was made over the public-address system at a Walmart store in southern New Jersey.

Police said Saturday the Atlantic County teenager was arrested Friday on charges of harassment and bias intimidation. They say he's been released to the custody of his parents.

Police and prosecutor's office spokesman Bernie Weisenfeld declined to comment Saturday.

A male voice came over the Walmart public-address system Sunday evening and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now."

Although a manager quickly apologized for the remark over the intercom, many customers expressed their anger to store management.

Officials for Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc., said the announcement was "unacceptable." The company said in a statement Friday that it determined a customer may have been responsible for it; spokesman David Tovar declined further comment Saturday until after the news conference.

The company said it has already updated the store's intercom system to prevent a similar incident from happening again.

Authorities aren't releasing the boy's name because he's a juvenile, and they don't know whether he has an attorney.

It was the latest in a series of problems the retailer has had in its dealings with minorities and women.

There have been several past instances of black customers claiming they were treated unfairly at Walmart stores, and the company faced lawsuits alleging that women were passed over in favor of men for pay raises and promotions.

In February 2009, the retailer paid $17.5 million to settle a class action lawsuit alleging racial discrimination in its hiring of truck drivers.

And the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission sued the company in May 2009, claiming some Hispanic employees at a Sam's Club subsidiary in California were subjected to a hostile work environment. That suit alleges managers failed to stop repeated verbal harassment, including the use of derogatory words, against employees of Mexican descent.

However, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People has said the company has worked hard in recent years to show it cares about diversity.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

All non-Alaskan Mexicans, leave the forum now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

I can see a DA's career crashing now.  Harassment?  "Bias intimidation?"  Good luck trying to get those charges past a jury!

Trespassing, or whatever, sure.  Got the kid dead to rights.  Anything more than that is not gonna look good a few weeks or months down the road.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

How is the announcement racist? When Mossad warned Jews in the WTC that they shouldn't come to work that morning they were being antisemitic?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: The Brain on March 20, 2010, 08:37:40 PM
How is the announcement racist? When Mossad warned Jews in the WTC that they shouldn't come to work that morning they were being antisemitic?
:lol:

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

There is a criminal charge of bias intimidation? What is that?

sbr

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 20, 2010, 11:27:36 PM
There is a criminal charge of bias intimidation? What is that?

http://www.nj-statute-info.com/getStatute.php?statute_id=1576

Quote2C:16-1. Bias intimidation.

a. Bias Intimidation. A person is guilty of the crime of bias intimidation if he commits, attempts to commit, conspires with another to commit, or threatens the immediate commission of an offense specified in chapters 11 through 18 of Title 2C of the New Jersey Statutes; N.J.S.2C:33-4; N.J.S.2C:39-3; N.J.S.2C:39-4 or N.J.S.2C:39-5,
(1) with a purpose to intimidate an individual or group of individuals because of race, color, religion, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or ethnicity; or
(2) knowing that the conduct constituting the offense would cause an individual or group of individuals to be intimidated because of race, color, religion, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or ethnicity; or
(3) under circumstances that caused any victim of the underlying offense to be intimidated and the victim, considering the manner in which the offense was committed, reasonably believed either that (a) the offense was committed with a purpose to intimidate the victim or any person or entity in whose welfare the victim is interested because of race, color, religion, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, or (b) the victim or the victim's property was selected to be the target of the offense because of the victim's race, color, religion, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or ethnicity.
b. Permissive inference concerning selection of targeted person or property. Proof that the target of the underlying offense was selected by the defendant, or by another acting in concert with the defendant, because of race, color, religion, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or ethnicity shall give rise to a permissive inference by the trier of fact that the defendant acted with a purpose to intimidate an individual or group of individuals because of race, color, religion, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or ethnicity.
c. Grading. Bias intimidation is a crime of the fourth degree if the underlying offense referred to in subsection a. is a disorderly persons offense or petty disorderly persons offense. Otherwise, bias intimidation is a crime one degree higher than the most serious underlying crime referred to in subsection a., except that where the underlying crime is a crime of the first degree, bias intimidation is a first-degree crime and the defendant upon conviction thereof may, notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph (1) of subsection a. of N.J.S.2C:43-6, be sentenced to an ordinary term of imprisonment between 15 years and 30 years, with a presumptive term of 20 years
d. Gender exemption in sexual offense prosecutions. It shall not be a violation of subsection a. if the underlying criminal offense is a violation of chapter 14 of Title 2C of the New Jersey Statutes and the circumstance specified in paragraph (1), (2) or (3) of subsection a. of this section is based solely upon the gender of the victim.
e. Merger. Notwithstanding the provisions of N.J.S.2C:1-8 or any other provision of law, a conviction for bias intimidation shall not merge with a conviction of any of the underlying offenses referred to in subsection a. of this section, nor shall any conviction for such underlying offense merge with a conviction for bias intimidation. The court shall impose separate sentences upon a conviction for bias intimidation and a conviction of any underlying offense.
L.2001,c.443,s.1.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

That's not funny. That's how you perpetuate a conspiracy theory.

Soon some jihadi website is going to link here as proof they were right all along.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"