News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The End of Christian America

Started by Eochaid, April 08, 2009, 05:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

This reminds me, I need to buy some Chocolate.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on April 08, 2009, 08:40:38 AMI believe that is what I wrote in the rest of the post you quoted.

Bah reading is over-rated :blush:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 07:18:27 AMI mean, look at how (most) people today view Rev. Moon.

As the True Father    :)

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 08:41:40 AM

Bah reading is over-rated :blush:

Not to mention dangerously time-consuming.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on April 08, 2009, 08:42:58 AM
Not to mention dangerously time-consuming.

You speak the truth brother Norge.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 08:21:43 AMMy Fiancee has thus far refused to invest in her retirement just in case the Mayans were right about 2012 :bleeding:

I suggest you be the one to make all the decisions in this marriage.  You can make the decisions, she can make the sandwiches.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 08:48:36 AM
I suggest you be the one to make all the decisions in this marriage.  You can make the decisions, she can make the sandwiches.

Well...she does make some amazing sandwiches.

ulmont

Quote from: Eochaid on April 08, 2009, 05:30:03 AMWhat do you think?

Quote from: Treaty of TripoliArt. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Since no one had posted it yet, and it needed to be in this thread...

Caliga

Razgovory

I'm always amused that Marty and Tamas are such strident athiests.  The Soviets were much better at brainwashing then we gave them credit for.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2009, 09:13:34 AM
I'm always amused that Marty and Tamas are such strident athiests.  The Soviets were much better at brainwashing then we gave them credit for.

Marty would have been a Christian had he been straight.  His gayness saved his soul.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on April 08, 2009, 09:15:12 AMMarty would have been a Christian had he been straight.  His gayness saved his soul.

Marti strikes me as the type who would be militant no matter what, yeah... if he was an African-American, he'd be a Black Muslim.  If he was Jamaican, he'd be Rasta.  If he was Austrian, he'd be a basement jailor.

vinraith

Quote from: Caliga on April 08, 2009, 06:47:38 AM
While I would LIKE to believe that what the article states is accurate, I dunno.  Lots of people down here are insanely religious, of course, and I don't see that trend changing.  I can't believe this guy is based in Louisville and is worried about Christianity dying in America.

There's a sense of martyrdom, of suffering for the faith, that's inherent to Christianity. Christians go out of their way, as a result, to find ways to feel persecuted. In a nation where they're the overwhelming majority of the population and it's impossible to achieve the highest political offices without at least swearing lip service to their religion that requires a lot of grasping at straws, like this.

Siege

Nobody here is talking about Passover?

Disapointing.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on April 08, 2009, 09:33:58 AM
Nobody here is talking about Passover?

Disapointing.

Malthus and I mentioned it.  It seems his kid thinks the ten plagues were pretty cool.