Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

He's still bad. :cool:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35884913/ns/entertainment-music/
QuoteJackson's $200M recording deal
Late singer's estate lands contract for 10 projects over 7 years

By Paul Thomasch
updated 9:46 p.m. ET March 15, 2010

NEW YORK - Sony has reached a deal with Michael Jackson's estate that could be worth as much as $250 million, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday, citing people familiar with the situation.

The report said the deal, coming months after Jackson's death, is the most lucrative recording contract ever signed. It guarantees the estate at least $200 million, according to the newspaper's Web site, and involves 10 albums over seven years.

The deal will combine a mix of previously unreleased songs and new packages of familiar ones, according to the report.

Sony has sold about 31 million of Jackson's albums worldwide since his death on June 25, 2009, the report said. It added that the advances Sony will pay are to be offset by sales of albums as well as revenue generated by licensing Jackson's music.

Sony's deal with the estate retroactively covers the soundtrack album to "This Is It." It also covers a number of other releases, some of which have been planned and others that still must be determined, according to the Wall Street Journal.

One album of previously unreleased songs is likely to hit stores before the end of this year, and another collection is due out later, it said.

Copyright 2010 Reuters
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fate

Martinus

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Fate on March 16, 2010, 03:12:47 AM
Zombie pic is in bad taste, Timmah. :thumbsdown:

You afraid that Jackson and his ghouls will dance you to death?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Fuck you.  He was a unrepentant kiddiefucker, and needs to be mocked for all eternity.

Jaron

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 16, 2010, 05:49:57 AM

Fuck you.  He was a unrepentant kiddiefucker, and needs to be mocked for all eternity.

The charges.. were false. Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

I saw this strange interview with MJ's former bodyguards the other day.  Their most interesting claims were:

* He was a wonderful, loving father.
* He was heterosexual and had girlfriends 'all the time'.
* He loved fast food and loved ordering it at the drive thru 'because nobody could guess who it was'.
* When he wore bandages and masks outside, they were merely disguises so he could avoid being noticed.

They claim to be writing a book and that they weren't paid for the interview nor by his family... but somehow I doubt the latter claim given the stuff they said in the interview.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2010, 06:54:05 AM* He was a wonderful, loving father.
* He was heterosexual and had girlfriends 'all the time'.
* He loved fast food and loved ordering it at the drive thru 'because nobody could guess who it was'.
* When he wore bandages and masks outside, they were merely disguises so he could avoid being noticed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Josquius

I don't see the funny.
Those 4 are pretty valid. The only dubious one is having girlfriends all the time.
I recall he had his own personal McDonalds so defo on number 3.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on March 16, 2010, 06:20:38 AM
Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?
Ever heard of misunderstanding a term and repeating it comically wrong?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on March 16, 2010, 08:00:50 AM
I don't see the funny.
So you see nothing amiss about saying you "wear masks to avoid being noticed"?  Maybe where you live it's Halloween or Mardi Gras 365 days a year, I dunno. -_-
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2010, 10:49:34 AM
Quote from: Tyr on March 16, 2010, 08:00:50 AM
I don't see the funny.
So you see nothing amiss about saying you "wear masks to avoid being noticed"?  Maybe where you live it's Halloween or Mardi Gras 365 days a year, I dunno. -_-

I'd trust the bodyguard's accounts of what he *did* much better than their accounting of his motivation. So he wore masks, ate fast food and occasionally had women over. Anything beyond that is conjecture.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?